Internal Logistics Manager (620)
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
WHY WE NEED YOU:
- Because you are an expert on Quality Assurance & Inventory Management.
- We know furniture, you know Internal Logistics and how to accomplish the goals set before you which makes us a great team.
- You want to continue to build on a solid foundation with outside the box thinking as you track all of the inventory pieces.
- We are looking for a true go getter that rises to the challenge.
- You are looking for something where you will make a difference.
- We are a 120 year old Company that is growing and expanding in different markets. We believe in giving back to the community, so not only can you make a difference in the workplace you will in the community.
- Ensure overall accuracy of inventory within the building.
- Verify all N/Ls communicate found N/Ls to the supervisor and Director of Regional Operations.
- Ensure the bar code exception report is reviewed daily and error corrected
- Verify accuracy of merchandise from Door 1 and relocated out of Door 1.
- Work with the vendors to get credit on defective product.
- Track, enter for billing, and ensure accuracy of paperwork for all driver damages, shop repair, and vendor chargebacks.
- Select aisles to be cycled by the cycle counter. Review accuracy of cycle count, review all discrepancies.
- Ensure timely put away of all receipts through the review of the Ramp storagelocation report.
- Identify, correct, and relabel any product mis-identified.
- Ensure timely put away of merchandise from Door 1 through the review of the Door 1 storage location report.
- Ensure accuracy of invoicing of delivery tickets by selectively reviewing ticket to manifest.
- Review all entries to the manifest which were not invoiced.
- Document tickets invoiced which were not on the manifest.
- Ensure accuracy of invoicing of pick-up tickets by reviewing open orders or yesterdays scheduled pick-up date.
- Verify accuracy of the PUDMG report which is used to record receipt of merchandise through pick-up.
- Ensure expired open order are being addressed in both pick-up and delivery offices.
- Record discrepancies between actual merchandise transferred and merchandise acknowledged as transferred between warehouse, from warehouse to the Dumps, and from warehouses to the stores.
- Enter all changes of locations within the warehouse.
- Run AS-IS product reports in order to keep non-saleable product to a minimum.
- Ensure all repicks are done accurately and merchandise is placed in non-salable status.
- Understand and adhere to Company Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures manual.
- Work with receiving on accuracy and tagging of inbound purchase orders.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as required by management
- Must be flexible with work schedules and be available, as needed, to work evenings, holidays, and weekends, with or without advance notice.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS: Prioritize-effective/efficient time management. Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills. Influence & motivates others to achieve. Exercise discernment and good judgment. Analyzing options and assessing outcomes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse or to write. They are frequently required to communicate with their subordinates by listening and talking. They are regularly required reach with hands and arms to receive merchandise. No specific vision abilities are required. This position may require occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.