Internal Audit Manager
Lead Recruiting LLC
Rosemont , IL 60018
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assists with developing and implementing department strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Leads efforts to develop the assigned portion of the audit plan as part of the annual risk assessment process and update the audit universe.
- Manages and monitors the overall quality and timely execution of assigned audit plan projects including risk assessment, planning, scheduling, fieldwork/testing, reporting, and follow-up activities.
- Ensures audit project planning and testing procedures consider and address operational, compliance, and financial risks including fraud at the companys business units.
- Reviews and approves all project workpapers and deliverables timely and provides coaching and feedback to audit team members on audit projects to ensure overall quality.
- Prepares, reviews and communicates meaningful audit updates, memos and reports to the Audit Director, Senior Management, and the Audit Committee.
- Builds relationships and works with business management and compliance functions to understand business developments, changes, and emerging risks to evaluate impacts on the overall control environment, and adjusts project priorities as needed to ensure adequate risk coverage.
- Monitors and validates the status of management action plans to mitigate risks identified in audits.
- Provides thought leadership and leads and participates in driving department change and continuous improvement efforts related to people, process, and technology.
- Provides advisory services to enhance the current control environment and business practices, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees the recruiting process for direct reports and participates in interviews to fill department positions.
- Trains, develops, and mentors direct reports and other audit team members.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Combination of internal and external audit experience.
- Experience managing a functional team.
- Food and beverage distribution industry experience.
- Fraud prevention/detection experience or training.
- Experience using data analytics and tools is a plus (IDEA, ACL, Tableau, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Seasoned professional with strong leadership capabilities and 8 - 10+ years of overall experience (includes a minimum requirement of 6 years in internal audit and/or external audit).
- Audit certification (i.e., CPA, CIA, or CISA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to listen and effectively interact with various levels of management including the Audit Committee.
- Experience managing, developing, and training direct reports and other audit team members.
- Ability to drive for results and come up with solutions to resolve challenges.
- Ability to adapt to and lead change.
- Experience performing project risk assessments and developing audit objectives, scope, and testing procedures for areas without prior audit work papers and support.
- Strong analytical capabilities, ability to identify root causes, and see the big picture.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% annually.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Lead Recruiting LLC. and its clients are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.