Our client, a government contractor is looking for an Internal Auditor to join their team in Northern Virginia. This person will perform financial, operational and compliance audits to determine adherence to the firms policies and procedures and to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. Primary Responsibilities:
Performs operational, financial, and compliance audits and reviews.
Plan and perform audit projects to test and monitor the effectiveness of controls used to mitigate enterprise risks.
Prepare audit reports to include issues, risks and recommendations.
Complete restaurant audits for all brands:
Plan and perform audits to identify non-compliance to the franchise agreement and Standard Operating Practices.
Conduct continuous monitoring of the system to identify high-risk restaurants through data analytics.
Partner with other departments (Operations, Legal, Finance, and IT) to resolve issues identified during the audit process.
Perform Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control documentation and testing.
Perform other responsibilities as needed, including assisting on investigations and fraud related projects.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
Minimum 1 5 years audit experience or equivalent accounting experience
Experience performing audits in a Big Four setting preferred
Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to explain internal control issues and recommendations to employees and management
Strong analytical skills
Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
VIEW JOBS12/14/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-14T00:00Internal Audit Support Manager (Job Number:442592)
Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to cross-functional service team on audit related topics. Act as a liaison between the SAIC contract subject matter experts (SMEs) and external SOC 2 Auditors. Work with stakeholders on proposed audit remediation plans related to the cross-functional services; work with contract technical SMEs to ensure execution of plans; and provide artifacts in support of closure of the plans.
* Review audit communication and coordinate audit remediation efforts between SOC 2 auditors and contractor SMES.
* Coordinate with contract SMEs on corrective actions plans.
* Assess proposed solutions to ensure that identified underlying issues within audit findings are addressed by cross-functional services team.
* Coordinate with contract technical SMEs staff to provide artifacts for completed corrective action plans.
* Act as internal technical audit guidance for FISMA related efforts for Cross Functional team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree is required
* 6+ years of IT consulting and/or audit experience
* Experience or exposure to SOC Audits
* Possess a professional certification such as CISSP, CISA, CIA, or Security+
* Experience working for public accounting firms
* Exercises a limited degree of latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to lead assigned areas through to completion
* Experience working in a team environment
* Strong professional oral and written communication skills
* Ability to independently review audit related communications to identify underlying issues and coordinate with appropriate contract staff to facilitate remediation
* Ability to facilitate meetings with little to no oversight
* Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment and deadlines to provide a consistent level of service
* Highly organized and detail oriented
* Rudimentary understanding of network topology and exposure to applications and elements of network devices
* Proficiency with NIST 800-53 rev4
* Familiarity with FISMA and the Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-37 Rev. 1
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience working as a Federal Civilian government contractor
* Familiarity with FISMA and the Risk Management Framework
#DISL SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 11, 2018, 10:20:50 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
VIEW JOBS12/13/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-13T00:00* Videos
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE? The Large Business and International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
See Other Information for Locations.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN INTERNAL REVENUE AGENT DO? An Internal Revenue Agent (IRA) conducts examinations of entities of varying complexity, including corporations, partnerships, foreign entities, individuals, and fiduciaries. In this position, you will use your professional knowledge and skill in accounting and auditing techniques and practices to examine various tax returns, determine the correct tax liability, identify situations with potential for understated taxes, and to recognize potential fraud. Many situations may require a specialized knowledge of a particular industry and/or may involve varied or complex systems of accounting. In addition to internal stakeholders, you will interact with taxpayers and their representatives, all from varied socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, provide examination findings, interpretations of tax laws and regulations, and other necessary information to ensure future compliance.
As an Internal Revenue Agent you will:
* Conduct independent examinations and related investigations of income tax returns that cover a diversified spectrum of taxpayers, to include corporations, partnerships, foreign entities, individuals, and fiduciaries. Examinations may also contain special audit features or anticipated accounting, tax law, or investigative issues.
* Conduct examinations to ensure proper reporting of income and expenses of individual and business taxpayers using financial and other investigative skills.
* Conduct package audits to determine that other required returns such as information, excise, or specialty returns are filed and conduct concurrent examinations or make referrals of these and other returns when warranted.
* Identify issues to be pursued based on large, unusual or questionable items which produce significant tax or compliance effect and utilizes the appropriate tax law and facts needed to resolve them. Recognizes indicators of fraudulent activity and develops appropriate referrals.
* Utilize standard accounting methods and techniques during the course of examinations in order to develop information regarding the income and financial operations of taxpayers.
* Examine accounting systems and records including computerized accounting and financial information systems which reflect a variety of complex financial operations. Gathers and researches data from a variety of sources, and/or specialized accounting practices unique to a particular trade or industry.
* Confer with taxpayer or their representatives to explain the accounting and other issues involved and the applicability of pertinent tax laws and regulations and explains proposed adjustments.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel locally and/or overnight may be required 1-5 nights per month.
* Job family (Series)
0512 Internal Revenue Agent
* Agents, Internal Revenue Service
* Agents, Revenue
* Examiners, Tax
* Internal Revenue Service Agents
* Revenue Agents
* Tax Examiners
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: (All grade levels)
You must have a Bachelor's or higher degree in accounting from an accredited college or university that included at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and an additional 6 semester hours in related subjects such as business law, economics, statistical/quantitative methods, computerized accounting or financial systems, financial management or finance. OR A combination of experience and education at an accredited college or university equivalent to a four year degree that included courses equivalent to a major in accounting, i.e. at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and 6 semester hours in related subjects as described above. OR A Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) obtained through written examination in a State, territory or the District of Columbia. OR Are currently serving as an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 and have been in this position for at least one year or was previously an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 and held the position for at least one year. In addition to the above qualifications, you must possess the following professional accounting knowledges: Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Advanced Accounting, and Auditing. For more information on the required accounting knowledges please refer to www.jobs.irs.gov/student/internal-revenue-agentbr.html
In addition to the above, you must meet the requirements described below:
GS-13 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Progressively responsible and diversified professional accounting or auditing work that required: Experience applying professional accounting principles, theory, and practices to analyze and interpret accounting books, records, or systems specifically to determine their effect on Federal tax liabilities and their adequacy for recording transactions affecting tax liabilities; Experience interpreting and applying Federal tax law for individuals, business and/or exempt organizations, partnerships, and corporations; Experience of business and trade practices to develop tax issues based on analysis and evaluation of overall business operations and financial condition; Experience of corporate financial transactions and financial management principles and practices; and Experience interacting effectively with a broad range of individuals and negotiating with specialists in accounting, legal, tax, and other similar business related professions.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part- time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Department Of The TreasuryViennaVA
VIEW JOBS12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-10T00:00Job Summary
Do you enjoy inspiring others, collaborating across teams, finding the why, measuring results and creating an inviting and engaging experience for associates?
We are looking for a digitally-savvy, motivated Internal Communications Specialist to join our growing team. The Internal Communications Specialist will assist the team across all areas including content creation, editing, proofing and publishing, and internal events management.
This position is designed to enhance Internal Communication initiatives company-wide to Field and Resource Center Associates to help them to understand the policies, procedures, programs and culture of Ratner Companies. Broad responsibilities include project coordination, writing, digital publication and documentation of a range of communication, including but not limited to knowledge base articles, manuals, and corporate messages. The Specialist will become a subject matter expert in our communications portal, our associate-facing mobile app, and our internal social communities, helping the Internal Communications team analyze and refine the portal to maximize user experience.
Our ideal teammate is obsessed with excellence and serving with passion. He/She is a confident communicator and presenter with proven writing and communication skills; a team player with the ability to interact on a number of levels throughout the company; someone works well under deadlines to deliver. He/She must be self-driven and demonstrate a willingness to problem solve and flex with business demands. He/She should have knowledge and understanding of internal communication channels and the role internal communications plays in supporting the strategic initiatives of our business partners.
At Ratner Companies, we call ourselves the Love Company. Our Passion, Purpose and Values drives our culture and is at the heart of what we do.