Interior Design Associate
Kendall Wilkinson Design
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Working with the Founder, Design Principal and other designers, the Design Associate is a key creative contributor to all phases of high-end, residential interior design from initial design concept to installation. This position requires a strong knowledge of design, showrooms, drafting, space planning, and custom furniture design. This is a position requiring critical thinking and independent judgment in the course of daily interactions with peers, clients and vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Founder, Design Principal and team in the implementation and management of several residential interior design projects from initial planning through project completion.
- Oversee process of gathering quotes and creating accurate design proposals. With assistance from Assistant Designer, create and prepare proposals and proposal packages for submission to clients. Communicate in a timely manner regarding proposals, receipts, and payments due to vendors.
- Oversee preparation and submission of purchase orders to vendors. Create POs as needed.
- Assist the Senior Designer in creating project budgets. Provide input regarding scope, feasibility, staffing, scheduling, and budget requirements of each project.
- Prepare floor, space, and furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD, and produce hand drawings or computer renderings that communicate design intent.
- Assist the Senior Designer with project management and delegate tasks as needed to the Assistant Designer and interns.
- Prepare and maintain interior design plan documents such as finish schedules, specifications, product/room matrices, templates, schedules, and shop drawings.
- Source furniture, fabrics, fixtures, and finishes in line with client needs and the Principals design vision.
- Work with the Project Coordinator in the tracking and coordination of all reserves, CFAs, lead times, inspections, deliveries, and installations. Ensure review of items for approval with vendor and client.
- Maintain continual communication with Founder, Design Principal, Senior Designer and design team staff regarding project timelines and orders, including the progress of custom orders, timing for fabric selections, workroom inspections, and other project-related information. Report to the Founder, Design Principal and Senior Designer via updates and weekly Designer Meetings.
- As needed, represent the company at meetings with clients, architects, contractors and vendors, and organize and attend installations. Relay relevant information to Principal and design team.
- Track and coordinate all reserves, CFAs, lead times, inspections, deliveries, and installations.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, design showrooms and vendors.
- Maintain all project-related information in paper filing systems, electronic folders, and Studio IT.
- Assist in the weekly maintenance of the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position functions under the direct supervision of the Founder, Design Principal and Senior Project Manager.
- 4-year degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or equivalent skill set
- At least five to seven years of experience working within a firm doing high-end residential design
- Experience managing projects with specified budgets and timelines
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong technical knowledge of design genres
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate to advanced skills in AutoCAD and Sketch Up
- Creative problem-solving, organization, and time management skills
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn Studio IT
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must possess a high level of creativity and ingenuity, and an eye for style
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with peers, management, and other staff in a professional manner
- Ability to work within a team and proactively create harmonious and professional relationships
- Willingness to observe company policies, procedures and the instructions of the Principal and management
- Experience in furniture and product design helpful