Intergraph Smartplant 3D Designer
Cordova , IL 61242
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The primary role of the SmartPlant (Intergraph) 3D Designer is to provide support to engineers by designing and modeling piping, mechanical and equipment layouts. This role will assist engineers at the 3M location. The SmartPlant Designer will work closely with the engineering department staff to ensure drawings are accurate, consistent and timely. Responsibilities:
- Create and edit existing P&IDs, isometric and other engineering drawings.
- Develop 3D piping, structural and equipment models.
- Utilize laser scanning equipment on-site to assist in creating 3D models.
- Set up specification sheets for projects.
- Plan and section drawings.
- Participate in team project meetings.
- Prepare technical information for peers, teams and clients.
- Read and interpret customer documents, design specifications and data sheets for drawing implementation.
- Assist personnel regarding drawing interpretation, dimensions, design concepts, clarification, etc.
- Complete drawings on-time, following preassigned deadlines and instruction.
- Report daily progress to Design Manager and provide realistic estimates of drawing completion.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Drafting and Process Design or related field.
- Associates Degree in Design/Drafting or Mechanical Engineering desirable, but not required.
- Advanced experience with Intergraph/SmartPlant software.
- Experience in a chemical/manufacturing plant environment working on engineering/construction-related projects.
- Gathering and analyzing measurement data from the field.
- Knowledge of design standards, procedures, and policies and piping, electrical and/or structural codes.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Plant 3D, or similar CAD design software required.
- Well-versed with MS Office Products, including Excel (formulas).
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam or Foxit.
- A thorough knowledge of piping fabrication and construction.
- Skills in organizing, maintaining and managing information, keeping the CAD file server current and establishing documentation for each source of information.
- Skill in understanding and identifying necessary steps in completing a project.
- Ability to work independently in a teambased environment and produce quality drawings and models in a timely manner.
- Able to read blueprints & interpret drawings & specifications.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain quality work while under pressure.
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or within groups as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (e.g. being able to explain technical issues to clients using common language).
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude, and a passion for problem solving.
- Natural curiosity and fascination. Not afraid to ask questions. Always trying to learn and grow.
Medical, vision, life and dental insurance; LTD and STD
401k with an employer match; Sect. 125 plans and additional voluntary supplemental insurance
Available at no additional charge are city-wide regional centers to provide life-balance resources and counseling. Take advantage of experts in areas such as College Planning, Dependent Care, Legal and Financial consultations, Mediation and Home Ownership Programs, just to name a few.