Intake Registered Nurse - Anaheim Community Hospital
Aliso Ridge Behavioral Health & Anaheim Community Hospital
Anaheim , CA
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Anaheim Community Hospital has an exciting opportunity to be a part of our new behavioral health team in Orange County. Anaheim Community Hospital is a new 98-bed acute hospital that will offer inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs, as well as medical psychological services. It will service Med-Psych, Adult, Adolescent and Children patients.
We look forward to bringing on the best candidates possible to help us meet the mental health needs of Orange County and serve our community with a new state of the art facility. If you want to make a difference in the mental health of your community, we encourage you to apply and join our team.
To assess the needs of prospective patients and phone callers and ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address those needs.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Through a systematic process of interaction with patients, the patient's significant others, and the appropriate health care providers, collects and analyzes data regarding the patient's physical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural and anticipated discharge needs; determines patient's alcohol or drug toxicity; identifies signs of withdrawal; conducts screenings or assessments to determine needs of treatment.
- The care and treatment of the patient are rendered in a competent manner and are based on current chemical dependency and psychiatric nursing/clinical knowledge and standards; care is evaluated against the goals and plan of care and is revised as needed and appropriate to the patient.
- Facilitates the patient's access to the appropriate level of care and setting.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with patient services counselors and coordinators, intake department, physicians and health professional affiliates, healthcare facilities, and nursing staff.
- Demonstrates good skills in assessing client's crisis and clinical indicators via phone and in-person and documenting such on a call sheet and scheduling assessment as clinically appropriate.
- Prepares written report of assessment results in a timely manner (immediately following completed assessment) and includes recommendations for the level of care and treatment needs.
- Makes appropriate interventions during assessments, and crisis situations with clients, family/friends and other professional staff.
- Assesses need for involuntary hospitalization evaluation and contacts county crisis team, law enforcement and others.
- Enters the data of calls and assessments in the computer system in a timely manner.
- Assists clients who are not admitted into a program with follow-through of clinical referrals and recommendations.
- Provides pertinent clinical information to physician and program staff who will be reviewing the patient to ensure a smooth transition for the patient.
- Distributes documentation of admissions to the Business Office, Admitting Unit and the Utilization Review Department.
- Maintains knowledge of the developmental tasks and sociological theories of pertinent age groups.
- Maintains knowledge of legal guidelines pertaining to EMTALA/COBRA and abuse/neglect reporting.
- Communicates with managed care organizations to obtain insurance pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
- Stays abreast of organization's programs and services.
Education and Licensing:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Knowledge and Experience:
- Current RN
- Inpatient experience preferred
- Familiarity with continuum of care and clinical terminology
- Knowledge of DSM V diagnostic criteria
- Current CPR certification
- NCI (or equivalent as approved by CNO) obtained within 60 days of hire
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times
- Knowledge and skills in phlebotomy (preferred)
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health
- Assessment and intervention skills
- Persuasive manner and skills in overcoming denial and resistance to treatment
- Ability to concentrate on task in high traffic areas
- Ability to deal with crisis and potentially combative patients while maintaining personal and emotional equilibrium.
- Sensitivity to, and willingness to, interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization
While performing the duties of this job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Ability to stoop, lift, finger (pick, pinch or type and grasp)
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to ten (10) pounds.
Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees to be vaccinated for covid. I will need you to supply documentation that you have been vaccinated
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are also available)
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-opportunities)