As an active member of the Psychiatric Assessment Team, the Intake Clinician performs psychiatric assessments for incoming new patients.
1.Knowledge of patient assessment, family motivation and treatment planning techniques.
2.Knowledge of patient rights, advanced directives, child abuse laws, and emergency detention.
3.Knowledge and utilization of crisis intervention techniques.
4.Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication
5.Knowledge of complex patient care planning.
6.Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
7.Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
8.Skill in interacting with multiple individuals with diversified roles and perspectives.
9.Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
10. Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures.
11. Excellent customer relations skills.
12. Effective oral and written communication skills.
13. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
14. Ability to prioritize heavy workloads.
15. Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
16. Ability to tolerate ambiguity, uncertainty and change.
17. Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
18. Ability to work as a team player.
19. Knowledge of external review organizations.
20. Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
21. Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various patient age groups
22. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
23. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Registered Nurse or Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or mental health related field plus applicable licensure.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years direct clinical experience in a psychiatric or mental health setting, with direct experience in patient assessment, family motivation, treatment planning, and communication with external review organizations.
Completion of de-escalation training within 30 days of hire.
Universal Health Services