Instructional System Designer
Washington , DC 20006
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
INTECON is seeking a is seeking an Instructional System Designer to work in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide best value healthcare and professional consulting services to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). Qualified candidates will have experience developing training interventions to effectively address business and performance objectives.
INTECON (Integrity Consulting) is a Woman Owned (WOSB) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that provides proven Telecommunication, Information Technology, Maintenance & Operations, Engineering Services (T.I.M.E.), and Advisory & Assistance services to government and commercial customers. We provide reliable, customer-driven support and personify responsiveness in serving our clients. We bring proven management from both inside the continental United States and overseas, supporting programs in the United States, Korea, Afghanistan and the Middle East. Our employees are truly our greatest strength and we are fully dedicated to maximizing the success of our clients.
Contingent Upon Contract Award Responsibilities:
- Assessing current organizational states, management systems, and differences between current and targeted states
- Determining the learning objectives and task learning relationships, clustering learning events, organizing course content, and developing instruction design plans
- Analyzing learning problems, selecting teaching strategies using appropriate models, and developing course plans
- Identifying training needs, presenting recommendations, and delivering learning solutions that address performance gaps
- Leveraging instructional design and performance improvement processes to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional materials and performance improvement programs
- Creating training in various mediums for delivery to desired audience including face to face, online, or hybrid formats
- Bachelors degree required; Studies in Educational Technology, Business, Education, or related discipline preferred
- Eligibility to obtain Veterans Affairs (VA) suitability approval to access agency computer systems and facilities required to start work; current VA credentials preferred
- 3+ years of related experience in instructional design based on occupational analysis - planning, coordination, and development components.
- Design and develop training interventions that incorporate best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences to effectively address business and performance objectives.
- Experience conducting training needs assessment to identify the specialized training materials, media, and goals required to meet organizational needs
- Prior experience conducting training needs assessment for government clients is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange information with co-workers, teammates, stakeholders, and other personnel, as required
- Proficiency working across the Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a professional office environment with prolonged periods sitting at a desk, attending meetings, and using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and video teleconferencing equipment.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, the ability to move office items such as files, laptop/computer equipment, meeting materials, and other work supplies may require carrying and lifting items up to 15 pounds at times.
- Business travel may be required.
INTECON is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Follow us on any social media platform