Open Systems Healthcare
Philadelphia , PA 19019
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Instructional Design Specialist contributes to the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and implementation of engaging learning activities, instructional material, and compelling course content at Open Systems Healthcare (OSH). This role is also responsible for maintenance of the Instructional Content Management System and marketplace (Mimeo) as well as overall management of the OSH Development Library. Together with the Learning and Development Team and Subject Matter Experts they work towards identifying each target audience's training needs and optimal development of OSH's workforce.
Essential Job Functions
- Updates, designs and develops creative, learner centered, performance-based training materials (using the Human Performance Improvement approach) that can be delivered using face to face, virtual classroom, and self-directed eLearning modules.
- Update and modernize existing content to current standards.
- Works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design and develop creative, innovative and visually appealing learning products (job aids, charts, checklist, infographics, and multimedia videos).
- Conducts rapid instructional mini-needs assessments and finalizes design solutions within tight deadlines.
- Defines the objective and scope of assignment and performs work which requires original development and revision of instructional materials or methods.
- Conducts tasks analysis, when applicable, dependent upon project scope and learning outcomes.
- Review and revise components of instructional design, i.e., sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives; task learning relationships, and instructional design plan.
- Evaluates instructional materials, discusses recommendations for improvement with the Director of Talent Development, makes changes where applicable.
- Applies the work concept of Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) model to aspects of work efforts.
- Assist with creation/updating of population profiles for roles and departments within the company.
- Creates and maintains the Development Materials section on SharePoint with assistance from the IT Department
- Upload instructional content to SharePoint, Mimeo Digital, and Mimeo Marketplace.
- Manage OSH Development Library including the inventory, tracking and location of all materials and the shipping/receiving of all materials to company employees.
- Implement blended learning strategies.
- Create materials for training sessions.
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned by OSH representative.
- Follow Open Systems Healthcares Policies and Procedures.
- Follow Federal, State and local rules and regulations pertaining to home care services.
- 4 year degree (BA/BS).
- Minimum 2 years experience in a healthcare organization
- 1 year in an Instruction Design role, preferred.
- Familiarity with operations, compliance, human resources, training facilitation, and regulations is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Presenter 11.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Teamwork (We Is The New Me): Works collaboratively together with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Accountability (Celebrate The Wins; Be Aware Of Weaknesses): Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and actions, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Conscientious (Do The Little Things...All Of Them): Conscientious in work ethic and interpersonal management.
- Motivation (Know The Why): Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Critical Thinking and Complex Problem Solving (Work The Problem): Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Development and Continual Learning (We Don't Set Your Limits; You Do): Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Able to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate externally as well as internally with all levels of the organization.
- Focus on Consumer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond appropriately to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to lead change and innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
- Public relations ability, interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- Instructional Design Theories and Concepts
- Learning Technologies
- Organizational Development Theories and Concepts
- Change Management Theories and Concepts
- Knowledge Management
- Human Performance Improvement
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Estimated 10 % travel, dependent on need.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include light-medium moving and extensive self-positioning.