A flexible packaging manufacturer in Elmhurst is seeking to fill the position of an Ink Room Technician to support flexographic press teams at its suburban Chicago facility.
• Duties and Responsibilities:
• Report to Production Manager
• Responsible for all facets of the ink operation
• Provide quality service to the pressmen
• Maintain ink inventories
• Helps ensure all policies for the company and the American Institute of Baking (AIB) are followed.
• Perform other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by management
• Ensures that all hazardous waste items are handled as required. These include transportation of drums and kits of ink and solvent, discarding of old and unusable ink, labeling of containers, tracking of ink usage, and signing off on manifests.• Requirements:
• 2-3 years experience (press helper may be considered)
• Good communication skills
• Motivated self-starter
• Team player
• Problem solving ability
• Organizational skills
• Safety knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life/long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, service recognition program, tuition reimbursement.
All candidates are pre-screened with a phone interview and undergo drug testing and background testing through an outside company.
Bema, Incorporated is a recognized leader and innovator in the flexographic printing and flexible package manufacturing industry located in Elmhurst, Illinois.