Injection Molding Process Technician - Springfield, TN
Springfield , TN 37172
Posted 3 weeks ago
Due to an increase in business in the Automotive Products Group at our Springfield, Tennessee facility, Johnson Electric will be hiring several injection molding process technicians.
This position will provide technical skills required to meet departmental and company goals for safety, production, quality and costs.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform daily duties with accuracy and in a timely manner. Start-up and shut-down of Injection Molding Machines and auxiliary equipment, complete mold changes, quality checks and material movement.
- Inspection of product manufacturing according to control plan and work instructions.
- Daily preventive maintenance on production equipment (mold, injection molding machine, chiller, plastic pallets dryer, temperature control unit, vacuum pump), etc.
- Achieve departmental goals scrap, PPH, QA, etc..
- Provide daily communication with production staff regarding production/quality issues.
- Ensure parts are produced to appropriate quality levels and ensure suspect product is contained and corrective actions are in place.
- Verify production process against documented process per standard work. Work with engineering to ensure that processes are robust.
- Perform root cause analysis of production and quality problems to implement permanent corrective actions.
- Keep the assigned injection molding machine clean and organized under the 6S System.
- Report scrap and rejects to Supervisor.
- Adhere to cleanliness standards and product safety guidelines, including machine cleaningassignments. Maintain a safe work environment by assuring conformance to policies and good practices. Address safety issues immediately people, equipment and work area.
- Provide continuous improvements and cost savings ideas.
- Train other employees on scientific molding techniques.
Qualifications / Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn and adapt. Scientific /decoupled experience
- Plastics Material Knowledge
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Formal problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English language.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Automotive manufacturing experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanical operations.
Mental and Physical
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate additional work time as necessary.
- Ability to perform moderate lifting to up 35 pounds and physical tasks associate with heavy equipment, machinery, and production materials including operating forklifts.
- Ability to handle and grip small parts.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8+ hours)
Johnson Electric offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
We offer employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers.
Johnson Electric is the leader in motion subsystems. Our technology leadership, application expertise and global footprint make Johnson Electric the ideal partner for custom product development projects. Johnson Electric is committed to making our customers successful by providing product differentiation and supply chain excellence. For designers who demand performance leadership and assurance of supply, Johnson Electric is the safe choice. We serve many industries including Automotive, Building Automation, Home Technologies, Medical Devices, Power Tools and Lawn & Garden.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.
Johnson Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer