Information Technology Manager
Conscious Minds Studios
Los Angeles , CA 90058
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As our IT Manager, you will ensure alignment of all IT aspects at CM between systems, 3rd party vendors, and users. The ideal candidate will have experience tackling various hardware and software problems. They should be comfortable providing technology solutions to employees and working closely with external partners to adopt new technologies and efficiently use existing ones.
- Maintain and track inventory of computers, software licenses, accounts, peripherals.
- Maintain and enforce procedures, policies, and workflows related to IT and IT security.
- Own issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Implement and maintain the ticket management system.
- Oversee and maintain file and networking systems related to production workflow.
- Prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on processes, procedures, and or systems.
- Provide support for after-hours, weekends, and/or holidays on an as-needed basis to facilitate the meeting of project deadlines.
- Ensure hardware/firmware/software updates and application version standards are maintained.
- Purchase and set up of IT equipment for all new hires with the appropriate software.
- Identify CAPEX and OPEX needs to fulfill on-premise as well as cloud system requirements.
- Maintain support contracts for all production systems.
- Schedule timely replacement for all pending EOL (End of Life) equipment.
- User Management: Onboard and offboard staff accounts, provisioning, workstation assignment, deployment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues across different hardware and various applications.
- Escalate and refer unresolved issues to external vendors when appropriate
- Own issue resolution and outage handling providing updates and communication via phone, email, or chat until the issue is resolved or RCA is determined.
- Provide remote support for remote workers as needed.
// Additional Duties
- Assist Director of Post with determining workflows and hardware solutions for productions that have specific, out of the ordinary requirements
- Make sure server room/cabling are always tidy, organized, and clearly labeled
- Help draft and manage server and post workflows infrastructure documentation and sheets (e.g. run books)
- Perform proactive maintenance (power cycle, troubleshooting connectivity issues)
- Manage the physical network connectivity (patch cables, switch, and router infrastructure)
- Ensure information security through password controls, prompt termination, activation of users, etc
- Manage and maintain workstation endpoint security (Anti-virus and Anti-malware) compliance.
- 3+ years experience in IT Support, preferably at a creative agency.
- Comfortability with on-premise work when required, otherwise daily duties can be done remotely.
- An appreciation of the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized service desk.
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, basic networking, and communications.
- A passion for thinking outside the box and helping people.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, including creating, maintaining, and updating IT documentation.
- Knowledge of audio/video signal flow to provide troubleshooting and support
- Ability to participate in a support schedule that may include after-hours and weekend support.
- Video Conferencing and User Privileges troubleshooting via remote tools such as Zoom and Slack.
- A+ Certification preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with best practices around information security.
- Experience administering G Suite, OKTA, and Adobe CC.
- Experience with Windows server and basic networking troubleshooting.
- Experience with creative software such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with Deadline Render Farm.
- Preferably experience with 3D and Design tools such as Cinema 4D and/or Autodesk Maya.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take ownership of work.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
Conscious Minds is an independent, creative company that specializes in branded storytelling and cross-platform content innovation. The company has offices in Pasadena, CA, and Portland, OR. Clients include Nike, Google, Facebook, Open Door, Uber Eats, and Roots.
Conscious Minds is a people-first work-culture. Were big on community, trust, transparency, and respect for one another. We operate strategically as an integrated team from Strategy through Post Production (and everything in-between). We expect our team to work hard, wear multiple hats, lean into efficiencies, and break traditional norms in how we re-think storytelling with our clients.