Information Security Project Manager
Velocity Search Group
New York , NY 10017
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client, a leading provider of services to the healthcare community provides an innovative program for advanced imaging that includes MRI's, CT scans and Pet Scans. They are looking to hire a Full-time Information Security Oriented Project Manager for their New York City office that has experience working on Security related projects. The right candidate will be working directly with the CISO (Chief Information Security Officer), the CIO (Chief Information Officer) and the Vice President of Program Management to organize a diverse set of security projects. A background in, or experience with, managing information security related projects (e.g. HiTRUST, HIPAA, FISMA, PCI) is important to being effective in this position. No Corp to Corp, or anyone looking to consult will not be considered for this position. Those that are citizens or have a green-card or EAD document (not educational) is eligible to apply.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of projects on-time and within budget and scope.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients and other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
What skills and experience we want you to have:
- 7 years of project management experience in healthcare with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience involving industry standard information security projects and certifications. Preference for HiTRUST or FISMA. PCI is a plus
- Project management certification is a plus (i.e.: PMP/PRINCE 11)
- BS/BA degree is required and an advance degree (i.e. masters degree) is desired.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients to achieve solutions-oriented goals.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word
- Project Management software/tool skills required, as well as advanced Office 365 skills in PowerPoint, Project , word and Excel
- Experience in managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously.