Industrial Service Technician
All Systems Electrical
Seattle , WA 98101
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently seeking enthusiastic candidates for our Industrial Service Technician position. The successful candidate will become a member of a responsive team that will help keep our customers distribution centers fully operational. Your experience will determine your assignments and we will be considering all levels of experience.
This position is available for the quality minded person that has the skill sets to address a variety of technical problems that may be encountered within an industrial automation facility. The position requires a person that can accommodate a flexible work schedule involving some traveling and someone who can address an emergency situation that at times, can include early morning hours.
The prime candidate will have worked with conveyor systems although candidates with maintenance and repair experience on other forms of industrial mechanical equipment will be seriously considered. The candidate must be able to communicate clearly, and in various forms with the customers, Service crew leads and Service Manager.
Higher level positions exist for those with extensive mechanical and electrical skills and have basic PLC and GDU knowledge. These higher-level positions are open to candidates with demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
Most importantly, all candidates must be convincing in his or her willingness to adhere to the safety requirements mandated by OSHA and all company safety policies.
Compensation and work duties will be dependent on previous work experience and demonstrated skill levels as mentioned in this job listing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical or programming issues related to distribution equipment such as conveyors and related components.
- Follow daily instructions from Service Manager or Service Crew Leads and Supervisors to dispatch, maintain and repair equipment failures.
- Safely use hand tools, power tools, welders, and specialty equipment on a daily basis to accomplish tasks.
- Follow instruction and work safely around high/low voltage circuits.
- Use of a Smart Phone or Tablet to send and receive emails and documentation.
- Track and maintain company tools and material.
- Organize work area and cleaning of field materials and tooling.
- Follow Company Code of Conduct and Safety Policies at all times.
- Weld using an Arc or Mig electric or gas welder a big plus!
- Inspect and drive company service vehicles.
- Fulltime 40HR+ work week position.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel for several days at a time.
- Ability to work early mornings if needed.
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Must be able to receive and respond to after hours service calls when assigned to ASE call list. This may involve traveling several hours to facilities during the early morning.
- Be able to travel locally as required to perform work duties.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE.
- Ability to work well both as a team player and on individual tasks.
- Ability to use Power tools such as but not limited to a grinder, sawzall, band saw, drill, impact, skill saw, hammer drill, etc.
- Ability to use conveyor belt lacer and cutting tool.
- Be certified, or able to be certified to operate Fork Lifts, Scissor lifts, Boom Lifts, and other heavy equipment as required.
- Participate in and abide by all safety related programs, trainings and activities.
- Ability to use a Smart Phone or Tablet to send and receive emails.
- Personal tool set for repairs (List available).
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent. Technical schooling preferred.
- Experience working with conveyor systems or other industrial equipment.
- Previous electrical and/or mechanical knowledge a plus.
- Clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
- Pass background, drug screen and E-verify checks.
- Knowledge of other construction trades a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-starter, eager to learn and take on new tasks.
- Arc or Mig electric or gas welding experience a plus!
- Competitive wages (based on experience level)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Medical and Dental health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Travel Expenses
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: This employer is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourages applicants of all ages. We promote a drug free workplace.