Individual Fellow Support (Ifs) Associate
New York , NY 10018
Posted 4 days ago
The Fellowship team seeks a passionate and detail-oriented person to support our ongoing Individual Fellow Support (IFS) activities. The Associate, Individual Fellow Support will work collaboratively with the Deputy Director and Senior Associates to organize workflows for IFS recurring projects, create and manage external communications, and manage data/systems for the Individualized Fellow Support activities.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized problem-solver who can identify ways to use systems in order to solve problems. S/he will be process-oriented with strong critical thinking abilities, enjoys working independently as well as in a team setting, and is eager to operate, execute, and improve systems.
Job duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Fellow Support
- Be deeply familiar with each Fellow and their work to seamlessly engage in all activities as needed by the Fellows or Senior Associates.
- Research and broker new relationships with professional service providers.
- Assist the Director with managing relationships with existing professional service providers and Advisory Groups.
- Make introductions via email between Fellows and the Echoing Green network.
- Nominate Fellows for awards and other opportunities externally and internally.
- Write recommendation letters for current and alumni Fellows as they apply for funding or awards.
- Develop, track and distribute topical toolkits and materials.
- Conduct research when needed by Fellows or Senior Associates.
- Assist Fellows with all financial and administrative requests related to the Fellowship.
- Project Management:
- Ensure Fellow contact records and support activities are regularly input and accurate in Salesforce.
- Regularly track and analyze data in Salesforce on Fellows progress through the Leadership Development Framework.
- Support creation and execution of a detailed annual work-plan for the IFS Team.
- Manage communications with Fellow community on Slack to keep Fellows informed of award and conference opportunities.
- Support the highly-detailed process of selecting Fellows, in particular during the open recruitment, due diligence, and Finalist selection phases (i.e. reading/scoring fellow applications, participating in due diligence and deliberations, preparation and on-site support during Finalist Interviews, assisting in the transition of selected finalists into fellows.)
- Liaise with representatives across teams in the execution of stipend payments, opening of quarterly reports, confirming Fellows involvement at Echoing Green events (such as Brain Trusts) and other projects relevant to support the Fellows.
- Assist in the preparation and logistics for Echoing Green events including: New Fellows Retreat, All Fellows Conference, Communities of Practice Experiences, and other Fellow convenings.
- Process and Systems
- Manage the bi-annual stipend disbursal process.
- Manage the quarterly reporting process with Fellows.
- Manage the annual onboarding and off-boarding of Fellows.
- Manage the awards, nominations and recommendations process for Fellows, including tracking nominees and awardees.
- Follow tagging system for contact records in Salesforce that is aligned with support activities.
- Keep the Fellow Handbook up to date. Draft new policies as needed in partnership with the Deputy Director and Senior Associates.
- Document systems and processes for institutional knowledge.
This position is based in New York City. The candidate must be located in or be willing to relocate to New York for this role.
- Bachelors Degree plus 2-3 years of work experience.
- Deep appetite for learning about the field of social entrepreneurship from an enabling capacity.
- Obsessively detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise with and/or eagerness to learn online tools such as Outlook, Salesforce, Survey Gizmo, CONVIO, and CVENT
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as a part of high-performing teams
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and anticipating needs.
- Results-driven and system-minded with a strong inclination towards data analysis.
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Greens unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, transit reimbursement, and much more!
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.