Inbound Business Development Representative (Remote) - Entry Level
Austin , TX 78741
Posted 4 weeks ago
We're looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global startup focused software and services suite that provides world changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, mentorship, and network necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to exit. We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team.
We've helped fund over $150M into companies and are looking for team members that want to truly help startups by connecting them to our services and product suite. If you're looking to make a difference in the world while also generating personal success, this role will provide you with the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere. That being said, we're a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
- Personal Integrity- We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
- Humble & Coachable- We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
- Self Motivation- We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
- Gritty Resolve- We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
- Passionately Ambitious- We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal, equals personal success.
Your role will be to respond to inbound leads and actively follow up with these founders and entrepreneurs to convince them to apply to our accelerator program and/or take demo calls for the correct product/service offering that fits their business goals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have an understanding of the business development funnel process of qualifying, developing and closing leads for, as well as have superb interpersonal skills and charisma.
This role will operate on multiple platforms from LinkedIn to Email and Social Media, but will largely operate within our internal Connect Platform, a software system that we built for our companies utilize to find and source new leads for increasing their business-to-business sales as well as source investors for their capital raises.
This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time offers. Newchip offers base plus commission with benefits and success based incentives. Total OTE is up to $55,000 with a starting base salary range is $35,000-$45,000 based on experience.
Culture Fit Requirements:
A compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world - remember that experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will lead to success.
Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, able to be humble, trainable mentality, and able to learn on the job- we're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place on our team.
Hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the vision - able to proactively reach out for guidance, offer and receive guidance from your fellow team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
- Conducting individualized lead activities to qualified inbound startups with focus on maximizing app conversions.
- Guiding, educating, and supporting founders and startups throughout the entire accelerator application process.
- Reach out to qualified in-bound leads through LinkedIn, Email, Text, Social, and Calls, until they apply or we determine they aren't a fit for our suite of services and products.
- Achieve agreed upon personal and team targets, quotas, and outcomes within schedule to maximize lead volume.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships so that even if they aren't a fit, they have a positive experience.
- Develop deep understanding to promote company programs to the best qualified lead for the product/service.
- Present, promote, and convince leads to apply using solid arguments based on problem/solution methodology.
- Coordinate efforts with other team members and other departments at Newchip to achieve overall organizational success.
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management, the team, and self-education.
- 0-3 years of direct business development or sales experience
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone at any time
- Solution driven persona that thrives in solving problems and helping business owners
- Ability to google, learn independently, and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and "owns" networking events
- Deep understanding of deal funnel and business development dynamics
- Excellent lead evaluation, pitching, communication, debating, and negotiation skills
- A commitment to excellent client service and delivering quality product experiences
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven trackrecord of hitting goals
- Excellent time management, intensive ability to focus to complete tasks, and highly organized
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the correct audience/solution needed for persona type
- High fidelity relationship management and self-actualization ability with an openness to feedback for growth
- Experience with client relationship management software and email management platforms
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced startup environment and handle being told no
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office, Linkedin Navigator, CRM Tools, GDrive
- Knowledge and experience with Close.io, Pipedrive, Salesforce, as well as basic automation tools
- A high "locus of control." You take ownership of everything that happens in your job, you don't make excuses, and if something is broken you raise concerns with your manager and you work to fix it.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with hundreds of startups
- Market leader in compensation to include: Salary, performance incentives, and equity/stock options
- Organizational remote team culture with team flown in quarterly to meet up at our HQ in Austin, Texas
- Comprehensive team Medical, Insurance, Dental, Vision, Disability, and 401k Program Benefits
- Leader in PTO: 14 Days Vacation, 10 Company Holidays Per Year, 4 Days Medical Leave, & Election Day
- Monthly planned company, departmental, and team outings to build team culture and engage community