Bollore Logistics USA
Los Angeles , CA 90058
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have an exciting opportunity for an Import Agent to coordinate the movement of our customers import shipments. You will be the main point of contact for coordination between customers shipment imports, customs brokers, and shipping carriers.
Were looking for a full-time Import Agent with experience in Freight Forwarding and Customer Service, and also knowledge on both Air and Ocean.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Open a file on the dedicated software system for each shipment received. Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations. Contacts customs officials to affect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Receive freight, documentation and waybilling; assesses charges; and collects fees for shipments.
Come join the Bollore Family! All you need is:
- 1 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Air and Ocean knwoledge.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
- CargoWise systems knowledge is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Generous benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance & disability.
- Discretionary bonus
- Paid time off / Holidays
- Career advancement
Bollore Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.