Immedidate Requirement For CDL Driver - Oak Creek, WI
Universal Granite & Marble
Oak Creek , WI 53154
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SUMMARY:This position is primarily responsible for driving a truck over an established route delivering slabs of granite and marble to customers. This position is also responsible for assisting in the warehouse as needed. Forklift experience required, certification training will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers materials to customers in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be able to safely maneuver vehicles, forward and backward, and in tight quarters.
- Listens to customer issues during deliveries.
- Properly completes a log book for deliveries.
- Ability to accurately check fluid levels for proper vehicle operation.
- Oversees maintenance of truck fleet and recommends preventive maintenance when necessary.
- Informs Warehouse Manager of any unsafe conditions or emergency issues immediately.
- Loads/unloads trucks and containers.
- Help maintain a clean loading dock area, warehouse, parking lot.
- Cuts and disposes of bundle wood.
- Assists customers in the stone gallery and moves slabs with overhead crane if needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver's License with a clean motor vehicle record, Airbrake Endorsement Experience REQUIRED
- Current Department of Transportation (DOT) physical card.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience driving a flatbed truck and overhead crane not required but helpful.
- Certified Forklift License preferred.
- Physically able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, heavy carts throughout the day, with ability to load and unload carts from the trailers, trucks or utility vans.
Salary: Hourly pay (guaranteed 40 hours), Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) & Life Insurance