Immediate Requirement For Warehouse Worker - Royal Oak, MI
Universal Granite & Marble
Royal Oak , MI 48067
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position is primarily responsible for working in the local warehouse. Using the a forklift daily, moving slabs of granite, unloading containers of material. Forklift experience required. This position is also responsible to keep the warehouse clean.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees loading and unloading of trucks to maintain a safe operation at all times.
- Loads and unloads trucks and containers which can include operating a forklift and yard crane.
- Oversees maintenance of truck fleet and recommends preventive maintenance.
- Informs Warehouse Manager of any unsafe conditions or emergency issues.
- Maintains clean warehouse, parking lot and area for unloading.
- Cuts and disposes of bundle wood.
- Assists customers in the stone gallery as needed.
- Moves slabs for customers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be able to safely maneuver vehicles, forward and backward, and in tight quarters.
- Physically able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, heavy carts throughout the day, with ability to load and unload carts from the trailers, trucks or utility vans.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full time hourly position with PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Life Insurance, LTD.