Idiq Program Manager
Montgomery , AL 36107
Definitive Logic is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager (PM) with strong relationship-building skills who will lead, organize, and direct the business development and capture process for task orders under the $13 Billion Air Force Small Business Enterprise Application Services (SBEAS) Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) program. This individual will help execute the company's vision, drive business results, and lead strategic growth in a highly competitive environment. Candidates at this level will develop value propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases and project plans, develop early win strategies and evolve the strategy throughout the Capture lifecycle.
This PM will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Definitive Logic-internal teams, assess win probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis, etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers on the SBEAS IDIQ contract vehicle. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact, integrity and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships and communication with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Primary work location will be Montgomery AL with travel to Dayton OH, Arlington VA, the National Capitol Region and other CONUS locations as required.The IDIQ Program Manager will:
- Serve as the primary interface with the Government Program Managers and Acquisition Managers responsible for managing projects on the Air Force SBEAS IDIQ contract,
- Drive new business pursuits under the SBEAS IDIQ contract,
- Advise Business Development (BD) and Delivery teams on how to best leverage the SBEAS IDIQ vehicle to position and win recompetes and new business opportunities.
- Responsibility for overall Air Force SBEAS account strategy and opportunity targeting and tracking throughout the full business development lifecycle
- Review and assess strategic fit of all Task Order solicitations issued under SBEAS IDIQ
- Disseminate Task Orders consistent with corporate strategies to cognizant BD and Delivery staff
- Provide acquisition strategy (e.g. preferred vehicles to use and justification)
- Provide historical contract analysis to support long-term planning and opportunity qualification
- Work closely with Recruiting to identify resources (full-time, contract and sub-contractors) to staff task order(s).
- Manage the program staff directly or through assigned task order leads upon task order award.
- Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives across all stakeholders.
- Track bid & proposal metrics and Task Order performance
- Support development and administration of processes, marketing collateral, and training
- Lead or support capture of new strategic IDIQ contracts
- Participate in IDIQ Government / Industry Working Groups
- Participate in Industry Associations
- Participate in relevant Chambers of Commerce meetings
- Develop value propositions, support business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies
- Develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams
- Assist with the creation and execution of call plans
- Assist with the gathering, assessment and validation of customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging requirements
- Drive all aspects of the capture successfully through the Win Plan process.
- Communicate resource needs and leverage resources assigned, collaborating with subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers.
- Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff by managing call plan development, execution, and detailed reporting on, and tracking of, follow-up activities after plan execution.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include white papers, RFIs, sources sought, workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant RFI, sources sought and proposal responses.
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunities, document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Responsible for mentoring and supporting other capture leaders to further develop skills and capabilities inside the team and business unit
Task Order Capture, Bid, and Proposal
- Research and Pipeline Development:
- Drives for results and delivers on new business growth goals and win rates,
- Participates with account leadership and Practice Directors in customer contacts and assesses and reports competitor capabilities,
- Identifies and qualifies task order opportunity leads; briefs senior leadership on winning strategies,
- Tracks opportunities pre- and post-submission, which include interfacing with Government customers.
- Active hands-on manager in capture and proposal development
- Coordinates teams of resources throughout the entire proposal lifecycle
- Prepares for and/or supports kick-off meetings and Shipley color review sessions
- Supports the analyses of the RFP/RFQ requirements and prepares outlines for the Volumes based on the Section L and M requirements
- Assists in the approval of master templates for each IDIQ/GWAC
- Assists with the Scheduling win theme/story board meetings and works with team to develop win themes
- Can performs as a proposal writer/editor on past performance volumes and capability statements
- Assists with ensuring proposal compliance and performs quality control
- Confirms proposal schedules for IDIQs and GWACS
- Ensures outstanding communication and coordination with internal Definitive Logic leadership, teaming partners and external government SBEAS program managers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain SBEAS partner ecosystem
- Demonstrates capability to develop robust Business Development team; able to identify, attract, and retain high quality people of diverse backgrounds who bring along other high-quality people to build an exceptional organization.
- Self-starting, go getter, attitude
- Team-player and proactive
- Capable of representing company in a variety of venues and settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage task order proposal efforts with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in MS Word
Education & Experience
- Track record of cultivating relationships with key decision makers and implementing best commercial practices, new technologies, and streamlined approaches that afford the Air Force and other customers' the ability to improve their performance and IT business processes
- Former Air Force service is desired, but not required
- Active DOD Secret preferred
- Shipley training or equivalent/similar
- SharePoint portal experience
About Definitive Logic
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a related discipline required.
- Masters Degree in Contracting, Engineering, Business Management or Information Technology preferred.
- 3+ years experience with key IDIQ Contracts such as NETCENTS Application Services or NECTCENTS NETOPS preferred
- Prior experience supporting Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) including an understanding of the Business And Enterprise Systems (BES) Directorate preferred.
- 5+ years of directly related experience including business development, sales, and capture management responsibilities in DoD IT solutions and services sector, predominantly within the U.S. Air Force
- Federal acquisition management and procurement experience with IDIQ vehicles and related Blanket Purchase Agreements and Federal Contracting Schedules;
- Prior experience with IDIQ management including IDIQ contractual and performance management;
- 10+ Years of Program Management or Air Force equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Government Contracting or Air Force/DoD equivalent experience.
Definitive Logic is a growing small business with a focus on providing technical solutions to public sector and commercial organizations. We invest in developing our team members into technical leaders in their fields on interest. If you are looking to be a member of a talented company with a small business culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to PBrennan@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-721-7545. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.