ICF Group Home Team Leader
Welcome House, Inc
Brook Park , OH 44142
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you a dedicated employee with a passion for helping others? Then Welcome House is the Place for you! We are actively looking for a Team Leader for our ICF Group Home in Brook Park. This full - time position makes you eligible for the following benefits:
- Agency paid life insurance
- Sick and vacation time
- work life balance (every other weekend off)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Much more!!!
Please see below for the job requirements and duties.
- Age 21 or older
- United States Citizen or resident alien
- Required to attend one mandatory training class per month at 2.0 hours plus an additional 6 hours per year for a total of 30 training hours per year.
- Meet DSP job and skill requirements, attributes and values.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and safely lift, turn, position and transfer individuals with physical disabilities.
- Must have solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have solid computer skills and understanding of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Must have strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate integrity and ability to lead others.
- Must have a belief in and understanding of agency’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values to internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid Ohio driver’s license with four points or less, and auto insurance.
- Must have satisfactory health, background check and drug test.
· Responsible for the direct care, safety, hygiene and welfare of each client living at the site in accordance with each client’s ISP and with respect to the dignity and rights of each client.
· Administer and supervise the residents in the taking of medications and document accordingly.
· Maintain, record and review required documentation regarding the client’s progress and development; implement and document any interventions as prescribed by the ISP or Program staff.
· Provide transportation to the client’s to appointments or activities outside the site.
· Responsible for the security, domestic chores and light maintenance tasks at the site.
· Assist in coaching, training and mentoring direct care staff at the site.
- Ensure appropriate communication systems are in place between Residential and Day/Activity programs.
- Maintain positive, proactive and communicative relationships with all client families/guardians to insure all parties involved with that client stay informed and involved. Intervene immediately to attend to any issues or potential issues that may arise with a family member/guardian, working directly with Site Supervisor.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all client’s ISPs—including all medical, psychiatric, behavioral, nutritional, social and physical needs and ensure that staff are adhering to each ISP.
- Document issues pertaining to staff corrective action and work with DRS to address.
- Assist with client admissions/discharges.
- Fulfill all required orientation and training.
- Maintain the site food and household inventories and assist Site Supervisor in devising shopping lists and trips in accordance with the monthly site budget.
- Ensure that each client has ample opportunity to get involved in their community and that community activities are planned and executed by staff.
- Assist Site Supervisor in ensuring that site is in compliance with all regulations—including fire drills, severe weather drills, crisis and emergency plans.
- Assist Site Supervisor in ensuring site is equipped to handle emergencies and stocked with appropriate supplies/kits and that each staff person is trained on their use.
- Directly communicate with Site Supervisor on needs that must be addressed with SA in getting changes made to ISP as needed.
- Assist in providing info to SA in preparation for ISP process and ensure new/revised ISPs are implemented and staff are trained.
- Handle each client’s banking needs—including personal billing, bank transactions, client budgeting and receipts, and client budgeting.
- Assist in the MUI investigation process when needed.
- Ensure all UIR forms are complete and processed accurately and timely.
- Participate in Licensure and Medicaid Surveys (where applicable).
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating meetings with staff on a regular basis.
· Participate in an annual 360 degree review process.
· Participate in the on-call rotation.
· Perform other duties as assigned.