Hvac Technical Trainer
Burns & Mcbride Home Comfort
Wilmington , DE 19801
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Big Task
You will teach, mentor, support, monitor and measure the progress of our HVAC technicians in our ongoing technical training program. You will be fully engaged in the design of the program, as well its continued enhancement over time.
The goals of our training program include:
- Enhance the skills of existing and newly hired HVAC technicians as we continue to deliver on our customer promise to provide the highest levels of home comfort service - and value;
- Provide a personalized skills and career development path for our technicians;
- Allow the company to introduce and support new products and services as needed.
Key Sub Tasks
- Craft and deliver lesson plans, training modules, skill practice sessions, quizzes and tests.
- Coordinate and perform ride-along training.
- Identify trainee technical/communication weaknesses and provide support and solutions; hold trainees to a high level of accountability.
- Continually evaluate procedures to monitor and analyze training effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
- Consult with management to assess training needs; design, develop, implement and deliver technical training programs for varying levels of employees to meet those needs.
- Coordinate training schedule with the hiring and training demands of the Service and Install Departments.
- Conduct training sessions covering specific areas as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.
- Monitor the progress of each employee under guidance using appropriate metrics.
- Identify, coordinate and integrate equipment manufacturer - and third party training resources for product specific training as needed.
- Continually solicit feedback from all stakeholders to improve the program.
- Make suggestions on improving work procedures.
- Participate in the recruitment and interview process to identify new technicians.
- Promote positive good will on behalf of our company to customers and employees alike, while representing the company core values.
Skills and Qualifications
- Required initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to understand many areas of expertise.
- Ability to assess needs related to our practices and procedures and produce training programs and materials to target those needs.
- Leadership skills to effectively direct employees while in a training environment.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, trainees, other team members and customers.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce and deliver quality training programs.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Must possess the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills to audiences of different skill levels and age ranges.
- Experience in facilitating product and technical training.
- Proven track record of training/teaching ability, and success in service/customer service businesses.
- Knowledge of Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Education and Experience
- 3 5 years of experience in residential or commercial HVAC maintenance and repair.
- Previous teaching or trainer experience is preferred.
- NATE certified is a plus.