Hvac Instructor- Heating Ventilation And Air Conditioning (Adjunct)
Southern Careers Institute
San Antonio , TX 78238
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Instructor - Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
We call it being a life changer, but youll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. Youll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
- Responsible for delivery of all course materials and instruction for academic programs offered by the institution, to prepare the student for the workplace;
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all institutional educational policies and procedures;
- Maintain student records and participate in curriculum development and revision;
- SCI instructors have the primary responsibility of aiding our students in the achievement of their goal (i.e. to be trained and placed), and delivering a Student First experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in HVAC;
- Texas ACR Contractor /Certified Technician License (issued by Texas Department Licensing and Regulation);
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with installation and repair on all types of commercial and residential air conditioning, heating and refrigeration;
- Universal EPA 608 required;
- Preferred one NATE certification, HVAC Excellence certification, LEED Certification, RSES Certification, and/or HVAC technical trades school diploma with continuing educational classes;
- Solid foundation of Superheat & Subcooling, thermodynamics, electrical, ohms law, and electromagnetism.
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and were just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.