Hvac Controls Design Engineer
Albireo Energy, LLC
Pelham , AL 35124
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A key member of the Albireo Energy team, the Controls Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- The design of building automation systems for large commercial office buildings, data centers, and educational facilities.
- Participate in sales turnover meetings to receive project mechanical drawings, specifications, and details from the sales team.
- Communicate with contractors to obtain any necessary documentation and coordinate to ensure compatibility/feasibility of all equipment.
- Coordinate with MEP Design Engineers to provide recommended specifications and sequences for particular customers or sites.
- Apply the appropriate equipment and end devices to provide the most cost effective solution to meet the project specifications.
- Prepare a complete engineering package of all required network diagrams, point to point wiring diagrams, control panel layouts, flow diagrams, valve and damper schedules, bill of material, and equipment submittals for approval by the client engineering firm and delivery to the installation team.
- Provide technical support for the sales team, installation and commissioning team as well as technical support for the service division.
- Assist the project manager with ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Visit sites as required for field engineering building automation retrofits and upgrades or new construction quality control inspections.
- Engineering degree (BSME or BSEE) from accredited college or university or a 2-year HVAC technical degree with 2+ years of experience in building automation or a relevant field;
- Prior experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of industry HVAC applications, ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of flow dynamics to apply the appropriate measuring devices, control valve selection and sizing.
- Knowledge of industry standard communication protocols; Ethernet, Modbus, BacNet and Lon to provide system network diagrams and integration to 3rd party equipment and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Microsoft Visio experience is preferred, AutoCAD or other BIM software is suitable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match