Hvac Construction Helper -Temp Role
New York , NY 10036
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Tower Water is a long standing water treatment company in need of additional staff to help us through our busy season. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about working with their hands, reliable, and have a can-do attitude. You must be a responsive individual that is enthusiastic about having a schedule that changes regularly and be able to adapt into all types of construction environments. This is a temporary job but could lead to a full time job for the right individual.
We need staff during the following time period, and the period could extend based on work need:
March 15 to June 15, 2021
Responsibilities may include:
- Ability to lift 40-70 pounds
- Working in NYC; NJ candidates will commute in with the Foreman
- Work in high locations (not afraid of heights).
- Work in inclement weather/conditions (20F to 115F)
- Assist Foreman in running construction pipe cleaning jobs
- Assist Foreman in running Cooling Tower cleaning jobs
- Using chlorine & chemicals to clean cooling towers. Protective equipment is provided.
- Work with Technicians to flush, clean and treat piping systems using specialized equipment and chemicals.
- Unload trucks upon arrival.
- Perform routine and emergency tower cleaning and disinfections to the standard of Tower Water.
- Ensuring materials are available when needed and communicating when restock is necessary.
- Other related tasks as directed by Foreman or Field Manager.
- Notify Foreman and Technicians of any problems.
- Follow all safety guidelines and use PPE as instructed
- You must be completely available for the full term of the assignment on any given day; work will be early morning to late afternoon/evening, typically on weekdays but some weekends may be needed
- You must be able to get to all job sites on time, mostly Manhattan but the boroughs as well.
- Previous experience in pipe fitting trades or HVAC/refrigeration strongly considered
- Experience working on a construction site highly preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to respond to customer's needs or concerns
- Site Safety Training (SST) is highly preferred
- Complete a physical & drug screening
- Ability to meet at the job site early in the morning; jobs sites will vary.
- A valid driver license is required for occasional driving of company vehicle
- Must own a smart phone and be able to receive texts.
- This is a temporary role and no benefits are offered. If hired full time later, we'll discuss our great benefits package.
- Pay rate is $22 per hour and there is a guarantee of 30 hours paid per week, whether or not there is work. Overtime (work over 40 hours in a week) rate is $33, Saturday rate is $33, and Sunday rate is $44. The last week is a partial week and therefore excluded from the guarantee.
- Bonus of $1,500 if the following are met:
- Attendance: Upon completion of the full term of the assignment, as stated above, and perfect attendance. Perfect attendance is considered reporting to work everyday, and arriving on time. There will be a one-time allowance for a lateness up to 30 minutes, and an additional one-time allowance for a lateness up to 10 minutes.
- Performance Bonus:Upon completion of the assignment performing all instructed job duties and being supportive to the team.
- Safety Bonus:Upon completion of the full term of the assignment with zero injuries.
- Uniform shirt is provided, as well as tools and safety gear. You will be responsible for pants (dark pants preferred; no jeans) and hard toe boots.
- Learn about the water treatment industry