Human Resources Specialist
Heritage Management Services
Albuquerque , NM 87110
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Recently nominated by our own employees, Corus Health is the proud recipient of Albuquerque's prestigious Top Workplace award for 2019! As a full-service hospice and home care agency providing a broad range of services to our customers, we are currently seeking a knowledgeable and organized individual familiar with all aspects of human resources. Under the supervision of our Executive Director, the ideal candidate will assist with all functions related to employee benefits and personnel issues, as well as recruitment, interviewing potential employees, and conducting new hire orientations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researches and answers questions from e-mail, in-person and telephone contacts from the general public and employees involving a variety of areas, including: recruitment and procedures relevant to employment, classification and compensation matters, Merit System Rules, policies, practices, salary structure, general referrals to departments or service areas.
- Inputs personnel/position changes and other information (e.g. classifications, salaries, locations, authorized access, etc.) into computerized databases.
- Prepares letters, memos, routine reports, and other correspondence and documents.
- Creates and maintains complex clerical, statistical and personnel records using a PC and available software.
- Establishes, updates and maintains manual and automated filing systems to store and track records/information.
- Creates, maintains, updates and tracks confidential files/information ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Prioritizes and tracks time sensitive assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Tracks candidate information in applicant tracking systems.
- Reviews and processes personnel to ensure accuracy and completion of various personnel/position changes (e.g. new hires, promotions, transfers, salary increases, etc.).
- Assists with phone interviews and interview coordination process.
- Conducts reference checks and processes background checks.
- Coordinates new hire on-boarding to include but not limited to requesting documents from new-hires consistent with employment, assisting in facilitating the use of internal computer systems, requesting credentials, etc.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year experience in human resources in a range of HR areas.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required, as well as a thorough understanding of human resources law, theory and principles.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits
- Employee Assistance Funding