Human Resources Generalist
St. Petersburg , FL 33730
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our partner is looking for a Human Resources Generalist in St. Petersburg, FL.
In this role, you will perform functions to assist with various aspects of Human Resources within assigned properties, including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and compliance, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Serve as Human Resources contact for assigned properties. Respond to employee and management inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure compliance with HR related federal, state and local requirements and regulations, including but not limited to, Workers' Compensation, FMLA, I-9s, FLSA, EEO and FCRA .
- Provide support with employee relation counseling and related activities. Assist management in the implementation and communication of employee handbooks, policies, procedures and provide interpretation as needed. Participate in the investigation of employee complaints.
- Assist with the population and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System.
- Partner with HR Corporate to administer functions in the areas of training and employee development, compensation and benefits. Coordinate daily transactions within properties and provide guidance and assistance to employees with research, questions and concerns. Participate in the annual benefits enrollment and performance evaluations processes.
- May administer the recruiting process for specified properties. Place advertisements for job openings in approved sites. Receive, acknowledge, review, and file applications. Set interview appointments, and perform background checks and document findings. Maintain electronic application tracking system.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process. Complete and maintain necessary documentation and may coordinate and conduct new hire orientation.
- Coordinate the termination process including conducting exit interviews and completing necessary documentation.
- Maintain employee files and records while complying with legal requirements to protect employee privacy.
- Coordinate employee events and activities.
- Maintain awareness of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Generate and file all required reports as needed.
- Assist with other support activities and special projects as needed to maintain workflow and efficiency within the Human Resources functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3-5 years of HR experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Federal, State and local employment laws.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet.
- Previous experience with HRIS systems preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
- Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision making abilities.
- Work may involve some driving/traveling to properties.