Job Number: 6637
Group: Cosma International
Division: Kamtek Inc.
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
KAMTEK is a premier Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Class "A" Stamping, Assembly and High Pressure Die Casting that produces Body-side and Door Openings, Roofs, Floor Pans, Wheelhouses, Large Welded Assemblies, Doors, Fenders, Hoods, Lift-gates, Aluminum Shock Towers, and Aluminum Rear Rails. Our capabilities include the manufacturing of Class "A" Body Panels along with Medium/Large Stampings, Large Assemblies and Aluminum Stampings and Assemblies, and Aluminum High Pressure Vacuum Die Casting to our Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, BMW and Freightliner.
As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek' s market segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA INTERNATIONAL) provides a "state-of-the-art" product that utilizes the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM's within the market. Our company's culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural affiliation with Magna International, and supports our mission through process efficiency and competitive product pricing. Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with employees being given the opportunity for continuous training, advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within our safe work environment.
We offer Employee Equity and Profit Participation programs which increase our employees' ownership within the company. Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a division of Magna International, represents the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To nurture relationships between employees and leadership to promote a positive work environment.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY: Responsible for supporting and coaching the department, supervisors, and managers by ensuring consistent application of policies and procedures. Also responsible to sustaining positive employee relations throughout the plant by maintaining visibility and daily contact with team members and designated areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
1.Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
2.Understand and promote Magna's philosophies and Employee's Charter.
3.Participate and support the hourly and salary recruiting process. Develop strategies to meet departmental staffing requirements. Participate in the interview process up to and including extending offers of employment.
4.Develop, implement, and participate in New Hire Orientation.
5.Assist with New Hire Training.
6.Support and encourage the Open Door Process. Work with employees to resolve issues and concerns. Encourage team members to seek resolution from those best able to assist them. Accompany employees as needed. Follow up with employees on issues and concerns to ensure resolution. Develop relationship with the Fairness Committee members and the Employee Advocate.
7.Attend meetings, including: start-up meetings, departmental meetings, and monthly meetings.
8.Track and administer attendance (E-Time, progressive discipline)
9.Maintain high shop floor visibility within designated area/shift.
10. Monitor progressive discipline (attendance, plant standards, etc.) Ensure consistency of the policies and documentation with other departments. Provide sound, accurate, and appropriate advice for consistency in policy application regarding employee relations, while adhering to legislative/corporate guidelines.
11. Monitor and track shift preference. Ensure accuracy of information when shift transfer opportunities become available.
12. Oversee and maintain the Performance Review Process. Track the Performance Review Process. Communicate overdue performance review with the GM, AGMs, Human Resources Manager, and Department Manager of the team members receiving the review every two weeks.
13. Process documentation for team status change (pay rate, shift change, position change, etc.)
14. Assist in the development of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
15. Participate in advancement opportunities and departmental transfers. Communicate with other HR Generalists when a Job Opportunity is posted to ensure team member eligibility.
16. Process terminations and conduct exit interviews. Ensure employees are properly removed from all systems.
17. Participate and facilitate in company events.
18. Assist in the development and maintenance of positive employee relations strategies.
19. Support the leadership development process. Coach and mentor Team Leaders, Supervisors and Department Managers.
20. Participate in establishing and maintaining the requirements of the HR Assessment.
21. Support the development of employee relations and building a culture at Kamtek Inc. based on the Employee Charter and a fair enterprise system.
22. Administration of FMLA
23. Promote good housekeeping
24. Perform other duties as required.
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills (verbal and written)
Ability to work flexible hours to meet Employees' needs
Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and sensitivity to confidential information
Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to be a good judge of character, listen effectively, and analyze individuals.
Ability to coach and mentor leaders
Ability to act as a resource to Kamtek employees
Ability to multi-task with accuracy
Ability to adjust to changing priorities
Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work. However, there may be some walking across the shop floor to communicate with team members, occasional lifting, occasional bending and stooping, standing, carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
Some of the equipment and tools used for the job are a computer, fax machine, telephone,
copier/printer, and projector.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
TECHNICAL TRAINING: Continuous education to enhance all applicable employment laws
PHR Certification is preferred.
OTHER: Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, eTime preferred, and HRIS. Knowledge of Employment Law & FMLA.
WHAT TYPES? HR role in a manufacturing environment, automotive sector is preferred; working knowledge of Employment Law
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THE JOB?
rld (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We are a leading global automotive supplier with 347 manufacturing operations and 92 product development, engineering and sales centres in 28 countries. We have over 168,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
Magna International Inc.