Human Resources Generalist
Greenfield , NH 03047
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every child to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face. With our family of programs in various locations on Long Island, Washington State, New Hampshire and in Puerto Rico, Gersh is the leading provider of educational and support services for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
The goal is to ensure the HR departments operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employees Relations, HR Operations, Compensation, Performance Management, System Maintenance, Compliance, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures complete and absolute confidentiality of all employee information and other relative Human Resources issues.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Handles employee relation issues in a discreet, confidential, timely, and helpful manner. Conducts interviews and documents appropriately.
- Handles employment related inquiries from employees and supervisors, escalating complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Advises supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- Conducts stay interviews with new hires as well as exit interviews, summarizes findings.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Oversight of all onboarding activities with assistance from HR Coordinator.
- Escalate background checks with issues; pre-adverse and adverse action notifications when needed.
- Handles employee benefit inquiries, assists with enrollment and changes.
- Conduct New Hire Orientations and required staff trainings for onboarding.
- Provide information for employees regarding Workers Compensation, FMLA or LOA and ensure timely submission of required paperwork
- Coordinate on-campus housing in partnership with Facilities and Fleet Coordinator.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years HR Generalist experience
- Experience in Employee Relations
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Office (all programs)
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and handle competing priorities
- Highly developed communication skillS
Full time, regular business hours Monday through Friday as agreed to by HR Manager, with some flexibility for required fluctuations in needs of the Human Resources department and the organization.
Ability to sit for long periods
Ability to move freely throughout the building with no restrictions
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Paid Company Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development