Supports the leadership within the assigned company's business and serves as the Human Resources leader for his/her assigned subsidiary. Provides a broad range of HR services to the assigned leadership team to proactively translate the group's business needs into HR solutions that best enable the team to meet its objectives.
Develops talent and workforce plans, advising on organizational development needs and proactively addresses all human capital needs. Leads a staff of human resources professionals who are responsible for their assigned human resources operations and functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Works with the leadership team to provide strategic counsel regarding the subsidiary's vision, mission, structure, processes and people. Recommends, designs and facilitates implementation of solutions while also ensuring alignment with the company's strategic direction.
2.Acts as the focal point to initiate, oversee and participate in the delivery of HR services, including employee relations, compensation administration, performance management, change management, talent management and decision support to the assigned subsidiary in coordination with HR peers to deliver consistent services across businesses and the organization.
3.Leads a group of human resources professionals who support the needs of the subsidiary leadership team providing insight to the company's human resources operations and function.
4.Coordinates and builds process tools, collateral materials and presentations to support organizational design and development initiatives and roll out. Leverages work across regions and subsidiaries to increase uniformity, efficiency and scalability of work.
5.Partners closely with the Total Rewards team in designing, implementing and administering competitive salary, benefits, incentives and recognition programs.
6.Collaborates with management and Staffing team to drive workforce planning initiatives within designated regional teams. Must be able to successfully operate in a matrix organization.
7.Conducts gap analyses and collaborates with Learning and Development team to ensure appropriate career development programs and initiatives are aligned with critical skill development and succession planning for designated functional teams.
8.Completes staffing analysis for assigned subsidiary ensuring the right teammates are in the right place at the right time; monitors turnover and temporary labor ensuring that the most efficient and cost-effective resources are being utilized.
9.Manages recruiting process outsourcing as required for fulfillment of all roles below Vice President level.
10. Manages Performance Management and feedback processes with a focus on developing manager capability on employing these processes and obtaining best in class results; delivers subsidiary talent management process aligned with corporate strategy.
11. Provides proactive guidance and counsel to managers and teammates on teammate relations issues.
12. Works with subsidiary leadership team to introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with management staff in order to drive change and enhance overall performance.
13. Adapts and promotes best in class practices, fosters collaboration across regions and sites, ensures smooth implementations of HR/OD solutions and build the overall capability of the organization.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; Master's Degree preferred
2.A minimum of 12 years of HR experience; minimum of ten years direct supervisory experience
3.Exceptional influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
4.Ability to effectively coach all levels in the organization
5.International HR experience strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1.Solid knowledge of global HR practices and procedures
2.Requires the ability to collaborate with other members of management to drive business results
3.Demonstrated strategic, critical, analytical and innovative thinking skills
4.Exceptional communication skills
5.Demonstrates leadership and teambuilding as core competencies
6.Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
7.Demonstrated ability to drive change management efforts
8.Works effectively in a matrixed organization
9.Able to interpret trends and develop strategies to address the movement
10. Strong business and financial acumen
11. Enthusiastic developer of organizational talent within the business unit
12. Experience diagnosing people (individual/team) issues and recommending interventions /solutions
1.Ability to travel up to 50%
Owens & Minor, Inc.