Brown Harris Stevens Residential Management, LLC
New York , NY 10065
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Brown Harris Stevens Residential Management, LLC is seeking a detail oriented and service oriented Human Resources Generalist. This individual will be responsible for aspects of on-boarding, employee relations, leave management and benefits administration. We seek a team player, with strong communication skills. This position does take client employee calls, customer service skills are necessary.
- Manage Disability, Workers Compensation, Paid Family Leave, and FMLA medical leaves for a blue collar, unionized labor force.
- Manage and document return-to-work, review requests for accommodations, and advise employees on applicable benefits and employer reps on the appropriate responses in compliance with Federal Law, State Law, and union contracts.
- Correspond with employees, managers, brokers, union representatives, health care providers and insurance carriers to problem solve any claim-related issues.
- Manage multiple benefit plans for small employer/buildings: Conduct annual open enrollments. Process employee changes medical, dental, and vision plans monthly. Review, reconcile and remit payment for monthly benefit plan invoices.
- Partner with Managers to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, and government regulations; act as a mediator between employees and management to ensure that a fair and consistent approach to policies and procedures are being applied.
- Maintain confidential employee filing system (electronic) for employee records.
- Research, gather, and respond to subpoenas, employment verifications etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational/project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and vendors both verbally and in written form.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures. HR degree or 5+ years experience in HR is needed
- Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of Local 32B-J contract preferred. ADP Workforce Now preferred.
Brown Harris Stevens Residential Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.