VIEW JOBS10/1/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-12-30T00:00Position Title Human Resources Administrative Assistant Position Type Staff FTE
General Employment Period
General Work Schedule (days of week)
General shift hours
8 am to 5 pm
Benefits Eligible? Yes Job Summary/Basic Function
Human Resources is seeking an administrative assistant to join a team of professionals who focus on empowering, connecting, recognizing, and celebrating people. This role serves Concordia College as a knowledgeable and welcoming point of contact for the human resources department and provides administrative support activities that lead to the success of Human Resource operations and services. Responsibilities require embracing technology, high discretion, high integrity, and maintaining confidentiality with the ability to find solutions, manage interruptions, and prioritize tasks.
1. Support the mission and vision of Concordia College and demonstrate the competencies as defined for this position.
2. Reception and Customer Service - 25%
* Serves as first point of contact for Human Resources by greeting the general public, answering phones and responding to inquires in person, over the phone, or through e-mail, including but not limited to job openings, benefits, standard payroll information and other human resources activities/services.
* Resolve customer needs, make referrals, or escalate to appropriate staff. For example, assist applicants with basic questions regarding receipt of application, where jobs are located on the website and the status of a search.
* Provides customer service support, ensuring forms are completed accurately and answering basic questions. This includes the I9, benefit forms, etc.
* Provides support and assistance to students, staff, faculty and applicants on technology platforms used by Human Resources.
* Process routine information and/or inquires on activities, processes, policies and procedures and programs.
* Perform other needed tasks as they arise.
3. Administrative Support and Operations (35%)
* Provide general administrative support to Human Resources Department staff.
* Enter data and compile information; maintain databases and spreadsheets for preparation of reports.
* Prepare a variety of documents, correspondence, and reports using various software applications. Publish and share the new hire and departure list and emails. Organize HR digital files.
* Perform basic financial tasks such as coordinate purchases, process invoices and payments, reconcile purchase card transactions, monitor and track expenses, and generate financial reports.
* Coordinate in-person or virtual meetings; record and transcribe minutes as requested and provide post-meeting follow-up as required. Maintain contact groups and coordinate scheduled for HR committees such as benefits, wellbeing, Title IX, etc.
* Assist department staff with travel arrangements; prepare itineraries and schedules as needed.
* Create personnel files and manage files to record retention schedule.
* Assist with adherence to the Criminal Background Check policy by facilitating Kari Koskinen background checks including fingerprinting, mailing of correspondence, tracking, communication with Facilities department, etc.
* Track inventories; order, organize, and maintain office equipment and supplies.
* Manage the incoming and outgoing mail. Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEX, UPS, etc).
* Facilitate benefits enrollment by answering basic benefit questions and assisting employees in filling out forms.
* Provides support to the Human Resources Director, in project research, assisting with calendar scheduling, completing requests for payment, drafting correspondence, etc.
* Perform special projects as needed.
4. Events and Marketing (20%)
* Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for on-campus, off-campus, or virtual human resources events.
* Assist in marketing and promotion of human resources events, programs, and resources to audiences through website, Cobbernet, social media, email correspondence, and print media.
* Responsible for the updating and maintaining the department's webpages.
* Serve as evacuation coordinator for office (a required position at the college for each office).
* Manage annual year of service recognition, sending out monthly vouchers and reminders to supervisors.
5. I-9 Form Management (15%)
* Assist customers with completion of the I-9 and recording within technology symptoms.
* Manage reporting from the Equifax system.
* Interpret the I-9 rules and regulations conferring with other HR staff, as needed.
* Manage the automated reminder process.
* Complete I-9's for international staff.
6. Other duties as assigned to support the success of Human Resource operations and services. (5%)
* Two-year associate degree in human resources or related field, plus two years successful related experience, or equivalent education and/or experience.
* Excellent computer literacy skills to include Word, Excel, and email. Ability to quickly master new computer software and programs.
* Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent prioritization and organization skills, with the ability to move between tasks in a productive manner.
* Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
* Must be dependable.
* High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
* Ability to operate and maintain office equipment (fax, printers, copy machine, multi-line telephone system, etc)
Human Resources and/or payroll experience.
Open Until Filled No Screening Begins 10/05/2020 EEO/AA Statement
Concordia College will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other legally protected status.
Special Instructions to Applicants Employment Contingencies Background Check Location Moorhead
VIEW JOBS10/8/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-06T00:00Job Title: Human Resources Technician, Short Term Temporary Hourly Assignment (Two Positions) Position Number: 03142 Posting Date 10/06/2020 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Classified Rate:
$24.15 per hour
Work Week Workweek M - Th 7:30am - 5:30pm, Fri 8am-12pm Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
This position does not qualify for benefits.
College/Site: District Office Location DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown Basic Function
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of complex technical tasks and comprehensive personnel services for academic and classified employees.
Provide complex technical assistance to the Vice Chancellor, Human Resource Services, Human Resource Managers, and Specialists.
Assist in the maintenance of official personnel records for classified and hourly employees; establish electronic job records; collect and disseminate required payroll documents; assist in the initiation of payroll processing; coordinate
resolution of payroll irregularities with district and college personnel/payroll staff; assist in the preparation and submission of reports related to classified and hourly employees.
Provide clerical assistance in the collective bargaining process for the District and all bargaining units.
Perform a variety of personnel and clerical duties related to the recruitment, examination, selection and processing of classified or academic personnel as assigned.
Perform a variety of personnel and clerical duties related to workers' compensation claims.
Prepare employment contracts as directed by the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources.
Perform workers' compensation, return-to-work and related programs case management duties; provide information to employees regarding workers; compensation benefits; conduct accident investigations of reported employee and student injuries.
Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, and projects. Update, monitor and maintain a variety of forms, reports, bulletins, records, schedules, lists, reference manuals and files according to established procedures; verify and post information as necessary to assure completeness and accuracy.
Prepare and file workers' compensation claims; prepare statistical analysis of workers; compensation claims experience as requested; perform follow-ups on workers' compensation claims as necessary.
Prepare, distribute, receive, record and maintain files of job applications in the final stage of interview process. Ensure complete screening packet and meeting area is ready for Screening Committee meetings.
Enter, modify and retrieve data utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic communication.
Perform duties related to the examination of applicants as required; assemble and organize written examination materials; administer, correct and score written exams.
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information regarding collective bargaining agreements and other sensitive information.
Other related tasks as assigned or directed.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate's degree in business or related field AND two years increasingly responsible human resource experience in a variety of the human resources area.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities
* Knowledge of policies and procedures related to a human resources integrated computer system.
* Knowledge of modern human resources office functions, practices, and procedures.
* Knowledge of computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic communications.
* Knowledge of practices and techniques for administering a compensation plan.
* Knowledge general payroll practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
* Ability to perform a variety of difficult and confidential secretarial and clerical duties in support of the human resources, EEO and employee/labor functions.
* Ability to learn and comprehend District organization, operations, policies, and objectives.
* Ability to interpret District Board policy and applicable laws to human resources/employee procedures.
* Ability to operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records, and generate reports.
* Ability to listen, speak, read, write, compose, analyze, and comprehend, with discretion and tact,
in order to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work confidentially with discretion.
* Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective and efficient working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to prepare and maintain accurate employee records and reports.
* Ability to complete assignments within specified deadlines accurately and efficiently.
* Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with individuals at all levels, both to internal Kern Community College District populations and external customers.
Salary Grade 43.5 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
* Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
Kern Comunity College DistrictBakersfieldCA
VIEW JOBS9/24/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-12-23T00:00Summary:
Performs specialized secretarial and administrative support duties, including (but not limited to) transcribing of specialized or technical notes, composing of original documents, administration of office routines and systems, processing of financial transactions, and reception. Assists with administrative projects and programs that impact and/or involve other organizational units and locations. Supports certificated personnel, posts certificated positions for recruitment, assists in processing certificated applications, and works with all aspects of certificated credentials, certificated employee salary, benefits, leaves, and Human Resources functions. Coordinates work with payroll department and consults with other departments and programs relating to compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs technical and administrative support involving in-depth knowledge of the technical functions, processes, and procedures of the organization unit to which assigned, with a working knowledge of functions and procedures of other units.
* Responds to inquiries and conveys information about programs and services provided by the organizational unit and District. Interprets and conveys policies and procedures, referring difficult or sensitive matters to the appropriate manager or administrator.
* Coordinates and monitors administrative aspects of projects and recurring reporting requirements. Conducts research and extracts information from a variety of sources to support projects and special assignments.
* Prepares technical documents such as agreements and contracts for services used by and/or provided by the department. Processes documents for editing and approval and distributes executed contracts.
* Prepares documents for board presentations.
* Sets up assignments to conform to business and academic calendars and cycles, then sequences work/project steps to conform to expected deadlines and/or time lines.
* Provides administrative support to conferences, training and inter-district meetings. Identifies participants, secures dates and locales, prepares and distributes communications, organizes materials and hospitality, and arranges presentation aids.
* Provides administrative support to committees and other special processes. Prepares forms, revisions, and final documents to support proceedings.
* Assists with preparation of budget proposals, maintaining communications with work sections on information needs. Maintains approved budgets, transaction records, including those for capital outlay, special projects, and grant-funded activities.
* Monitors expenditures and processes documentation for budget allocation changes and reassignments of funds to and from various accounts, coordinating with accounting staff to assure compliance with funding source and accounting controls.
* Takes notes and prepares minutes from recollections or taped dialogue. Types (keyboards) from rough drafts or instructions a variety of materials such as letters, memoranda, reports and statistical data. Composes original correspondence and forms on routine department matters.
* Receives telephone calls and visitors, screening callers, handling routine matters, providing information, or routing calls to administrators as necessary.
* Schedules appointments and arranges meetings. Prepares schedules and informs participants, confirming dates and times. May initiate travel and conference reservations.
* Maintains records and assists in the preparation of departmental/divisional reports by gathering and summarizing information from a variety of sources.
* Prepares routine documents such as and not limited to requisitions and purchase orders. Orders merchandise and services from pre-approved purchase orders and within authorized spending limits.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
* Knowledge and Skills:
* Requires working knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including filing systems, receptionist and telephone techniques, and letter and report writing. Requires working knowledge of District and department operations, policies, procedures, and calendars. Requires working knowledge of Education Code sections applicable to the area of assignment. Requires a working knowledge of, and skill at using personal computer based software programs that support this level of work, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, basic presentation graphics, special applications used by the organization unit, and data entry onto custom databases. Requires sufficient math skills to perform financial and statistical record keeping. Requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence. Requires sufficient human relations skill to work productively and cooperatively with diverse teams, exercise patience when dealing with internal and external customers, and convey technical concepts.
* Requires the ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position. Requires the ability to accurately take and transcribe notes and/or meeting minutes/recollections. Must be able to learn, interpret, explain and apply knowledge of District and organization unit services, operations, programs, functions, special terminology used in the organization unit, and labor agreements to relieve others of a variety of administrative details. Requires the ability to prepare spreadsheets, graphs and charts, and enter, import, and export data to and from databases. Requires the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in order to meet schedules and timelines. Requires the ability to communicate with administrators, students, staff, and the community using patience and courtesy, and in a manner that reflects positively on the organization unit. Requires the ability to type 40 WPM.
Education and Experience:
The position requires a high school diploma plus post-secondary coursework in secretarial science or related business profession and 5 years of experience. Additional higher education may substitute for some experience.
Licenses and Certificates:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent (A Certificate of Proficiency is required if graduated prior to 1981)
* Typing Certificate of 40 WPM or higher.
* District Clerical Screening Test ( 85% or Higher)
The District offers the Clerical Screening test. Please visit the Human Resources Testing Page to review testing information and to register for testing if you need to meet this requirement
Salary and Terms of Service:
Salary range (1) $24.89 - $30.17 hourly rate, nine (9) steps, eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week (M-F). Holidays, sick leave and vacation benefits. The District currently contributes to family dental, medical, and vision insurance plans and an employee only life insurance plan..
Required Application Procedure:
Apply Online. An online application and all documents supporting the application requirements noted above must accompany your application by the closing date in order to receive consideration for this position. It shall be the applicant's responsibility to supply copies of all documentation, letters of recommendation etc. or other related materials.
A screening committee will evaluate each application, personal resume, and letters of reference. Interviews will be scheduled for qualified applicants. If after interviews suitable applicants are not found, the search will continue. As required by California State Law, should you be employed by the District, your fingerprints will be taken and submitted to the Justice Department and the FBI for a background check. Processing fee will be at applicant's expense.
Panama-Buena Vista Union School DistrictBakersfieldCA