Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Human Resource Representative 3Rd Shift
Piqua , OH 45356
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The ideal candidate must have Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
The Human Resource Representative will provide HR resource support to all shift employees as assigned. The key internal customers of this position are Shift Employees, Supervisors, Functional Managers, Plant Management and Human Resources. This position is a direct report to the Plant HR Manager. This is a 3rd shift position.
- Serve all Operational employees as a resource providing information, training, and problem analysis/resolution in support of daily operational activities.
- Ensure that decisions made on assigned shift are consistent with Company values, culture, behavior standards, and policies/procedures.
- Become well-grounded in Company values and policies in order to be effective in all aspects of this role.
- Provide information on Company and HR programs (e.g. job postings, training, benefits, EAP, etc.).
- Act as a confidential coach, counselor and mentor to managers, facilitators, and employees.
- Guide and assist managers and facilitators when conducting reasonable suspicion drug investigations, accident investigations and/or performing steps in the progressive discipline program; assist with writing of disciplinary action documents.
- Actively participate in addressing problem behaviors through the development/implementation of performance improvement plans and education programs.
- Monitor compliance with employee-related state and federal laws and regulations making recommendations for actions to senior HR Management.
- Assess the need, make recommendations for and assist in delivering employee communications and developmental programs including:
- Supervisory and Operational Leader Development classes
- New Hire Orientation
- Communication Round Tables
- Ongoing regulatory and policy-related education for managers/facilitators and employees
- Safety, First Responder, CPR training
- Facilitate and/or participate on various Operations teams/committees/focus groups, such as safety/product quality team, emergency response team, safety committee, etc.
- Focus on Team development on assigned shift and encourage cross-shift collaboration with peers.
- Act as liaison for various employee benefit activities, i.e., enrollment forms, communications, tuition reimbursement program, etc.
- Model, monitor and assess positive attitudes and communication skills of managers, facilitators, and employees in Operations through consistent interpersonal contact.
- Communicate pressing issues up the chain of command and to HR as appropriate.
- Monitor the pulse of the operation while positively influencing our workforce and leadership group .
- Work to create and build trusting relationships with all employees.
- Promote fairness, trust, respect and cooperation through modeling these behaviors as a means of maintaining and fostering employee acceptance of the Company’s culture and values.
- Act as an ambassador of the Company’s culture and influence employees to accept and embrace current Company directions in a positive manner.
- Associate Degree with a major in Human Resources or similar.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 or more years of HR work experience.
- Available to work third shift.