Shine Career Collective
Canby , OR 97013
Posted 2 months ago
Are you looking to grow your HR career? Are you a Human Resources professional that speaks Spanish and English fluently with experience in Employee Relations?
This job is for someone who is potentially:
- Unsatisfied with their current HR task-oriented job
- Tired of being a small fish in a big pond.
- Working too many hours and wants to work with a company that values work-life balance, and/or
- Looking to change to a small company environment to thrive with the ability to influence and impact
If this describes you in part or full, we would like to hear from you.
Hi, we are SHINE, and our client manufactures comfortable, stylish and long-lasting furniture that has formed an integral part of homes here in the Pacific Northwest for generations. Their sofas are handcrafted by more than 275 of their hardworking coworkers. They need someone to help them grow, invest in, and manage the people that make their sofas and refine their business culture.
More about the job: This client is searching for an experienced full-time HR Manager to help build and grow the HR service they are offering. They need their HR Manager to be a full-time presence that works with them to ensure accuracy and compliance. The new HR Manager will report to the Finance Manager and work directly with the management team who run the business with dedication and from a collaborative, team-work perspective.
They have a family-like atmosphere and sincerely believe their employees and the business culture they are cultivating is their greatest asset. The new HR Manager will acquire one full-time non-exempt direct report who handles most of the day-to-day HR tasks.
The person will be a unique blend of practical attention to detail with the intuition to solve people and system problems from a strategic perspective.
We know what we are looking for is rare and it is important that the person they hire thrives in this role, enjoys their job and the people they work with. Therefore, job fit, and HR knowledge is first and foremost.
Areas of Responsibility and Duties
- Manages the HR function with and through the current HR team.
- Relationship Management. Works with consultants, vendor partners, production management and company management to achieve the HR goals for the company.
- Training and Teaching. In group and 1-on-1 settings, provides employees and managers with the information needed to ensure HR and safety compliance, retention, and leadership development: Responsible for continued training of the current HR team.
- Employee Relations and Performance management. Creates, and works with management to enforce policies and employment law in their non-unionized, manufacturing environment, utilizing their employment attorney as appropriate.
- System Design and Implementation. Identifies, creates, and implements efficient processes of delivering HR services to the organization through process and technology upgrades; Responsible for the design and execution their performance management and pay increase process.
- Strategic Thinking and Planning. Collaborates with company management to set the HR direction for the department and how to implement these goals in their manufacturing environment; Reviews, researches, advises, and works with VP to plan out compensation structures and strategies for hourly and salaried employees; Has a firm grasp of medical benefit structures and how to drive out cost while maximizing benefits.
- Work as a team on all full cycle recruitment of hourly and professional talent.
- Reporting including HR metrics and ADP reports.
- Investigating and managing workers compensation claims.
- Learning and knowing the ADP system to be the in-house expert; ACA report and process review and management.
- Auditing HR processes regularly to ensure accuracy and compliance to company policies and state and federal requirements.
- Coordinating HR employee programs as needed.
- Processing and responding to all unemployment claims and agency inquiries.
- Providing back up to the HR Representative as needed in the processing of daily HR tasks.
What we are hoping to see from you:
- If you have a bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or Business, great! But we are very open to equivalent professional HR experience
- 5+ years of front-line management experience, or 5-7 years HR generalist experience
- Intensive hands-on knowledge of the Human Resource function, able to keep up on emerging HR trends, and familiar with all areas of sound HR management
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal labor laws
- Bi-lingual (Spanish / English) proficiency (speaking and writing) required
- Ability to work and communicate successfully in a culturally diverse environment with all levels of the business and a broad general understanding of the business function.
Priority selection will be provided to those with the following
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with ACA processing and reporting preferred.
- OSHA experience.
- We have an immediate need for this position. We will consider someone FTE and will hire directly for the right fit.
- Compensation will be based on experience and determined through an internal benchmarking process. We are looking to offer $70K-90K depending on overall assessed skills and experience by the management team.
- We offer quarterly discretionary bonuses.
- For the FTE position, we are offering 3 weeks PTO, and medical, dental and vision coverage with almost all premiums paid for both the employee and spouse.
- We are looking for someone to work onsite M-F 7am-4pm, but there can be some flexibility around start and stop times if needed.
This position is an on-site, in-office position. This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone and in person, and key frequently on a computer. Requires ability to accurately receive and disseminate information to maintain and enhance relationships. Ability to stand and walk the production floor. Ability to meet above description of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Having all of the required skills is not enough, you must be someone who is a great fit for this amazingly committed team, their family atmosphere, and someone who cultivates people, their greatest asset. If you think you have the skills and personality to be a part of their tight-knit group, please apply!
If this opening still sounds attractive, please apply today! We respond to everyone who applies with us and look forward to speaking with you!
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.