Concord Group Insurance
Bedford , NH 03110
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for the end-to-end HR function including recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, employee relations, retention, compliance with federal and multiple state laws, compensation and benefits, workplace safety and health, records management, and the creation of employee policies and procedures. Directly lead a team of three HR professionals with a focus on their work product, performance, potential, and professional development.
This job will be sitting in Concord NH and moving to Bedford NH in Q1 of 2023.
- Directly supervise a team of three individual contributors (Recruiter, Payroll & Benefits Specialist, and Generalist) to establish direction for their day-to-day responsibilities and projects, and deliver other related supervisory responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and multi-state employment laws
- Build and manage relationships with vendor partners
- Develop recruitment strategies to identify talent internally and externally
- Manage existing programs for onboarding, retaining, and offboarding employees
- Counsel, coach, and advise the Leadership Team regarding employment law, company policies, talent and performance management, and appropriate documentation
- Build on and help leadership execute proper Workforce & Salary Planning and Management processes
- Own the processes for and support of culture and engagement initiatives such as Great Place To Work certification and Employee Engagement Committee
- Manage employee internal communications strategy
- Oversee HR related technology such as Sage HRMS, bswift Benefit Administration, ADP Workforce Now Payroll, etc.
- Prepare monthly operational reports that outline headcount, progress related to key priorities, and trending for recruiting and retention
- Design and management of benefit and compensation programs to ensure compliance and equity, and to stay abreast of trends that may influence future offerings
- Maintain and modify Company policies, processes, and practices, as needed
- Conduct and manage fact finding investigations related to potential violations of the law or Company policy, or unethical behavior and misconduct
- Represent the company in workers compensation claims, unemployment claims and litigation
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Current SHRM or HRCI designation preferred
- Five to seven years experience working in a similar role coupled with up to two years of supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to successfully engage with multiple stakeholders in-person, remotely, and in writing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrates sound judgement, discretion and high integrity with the ability to navigate ambiguous/complex and sensitive issues
- Proven experience coaching others in a collaborative manner
- Proficiency with our HR systems and the ability to learn quickly
Concord Group employees are eligible for benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, sick time and holiday pay, three weeks paid vacation, and a generous 401(k) plan with a 6% company match.
As a leading regional provider of property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect the families and small businesses that enable our communities to thrive. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth make The Concord Group a great place to build your career.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.