Austin , TX 78701
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
You plan, direct, and coordinate the full administrative life-cycle of the organization's employees. This role is responsible for benefits selection and administration, payroll execution, onboarding, off-boarding, and all documentation related to the employer-employee relationship. You must stay abreast of regulation and law changes for compliance assurance, develop policy, and advise the leadership team in human resource concerns. Youll also develop training and initiatives to support employee engagement and activities to foster a strong company culture. Youll work closely with the executive team and managers to support all teams and employees of Capital Factory.
Capital Factory operates on public display for our members and the larger community. Everyone can see what we do and how we operate and consequently we must hold ourselves to a higher standard. We also have the opportunity to serve as a role model and template for thousands of other companies that will learn from their experience with us.
- You are able to self manage, and are comfortable and effective working remotely as well as in the office when appropriate.
- You possess excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership, interpersonal, and ethical conduct skills.
- You are resourceful - you always know where to find the answer when you dont know it.
- You are customer service oriented.
- You feel comfortable making decisions and know when they need to be escalated.
- You dont gossip and have discretion.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You are a documentor. You make lists and spreadsheets.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you dont get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are available to work at least 45 hours per week.
- You check your email on the weekend and are committed to working nights and weekends when needed. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You plan to stay in Texas and fully committed to this position for 2+ years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. Were ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VCs, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place with fast internet where we can work remotely.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You'll know if you're successful if....
- Employees experience an informative and smooth onboarding or offboarding experience.
- Managers have a resource to turn to for effective relationship management during employee conflicts.
- Benefits are administered without errors and employee questions are answered within 24 hours.
- Effective job descriptions are created and posted efficiently and hiring managers are supported in the hiring process to make strong hires.
- Capital Factory remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Employment verifications receive a response within 24 hours.
- Personnel policies are maintained, updated and created when needed.
- Payroll is always correct and on time.
- Employee reviews happen on schedule and raises are given in line with company policy.
- Managers and employees of Capital Factory feel comfortable coming to you for help.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Years) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health, dental and vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to onsite gym