HR Lead, Msus
Bellevue , WA 98009
Posted 4 weeks ago
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Does the idea of a role that is helping to transform Microsoft's largest Sales and Marketing organization into the worlds' best cloud salesforce excite you? Microsoft's Global Sales, Marketing & Operations Team (GSMO) consists of 7,000 people across the US and is the largest contributor of revenue for Microsoft globally. We are also a major driver of growth and market share for the company and run at a very fast pace. To enable Microsoft's transformation, we've reimagined HR at Microsoft and this role is a key component.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, benefits, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, trade unions, etc.
- Knowledge of Investigations, the conduct of a review, exploration, examination, and/or evaluation of records, events, activities, claims, products, behaviors and other actions in order to discover information relevant to the objectives of the investigation. This includes the ability to address the result of the investigation according to policy and in the interest of the organization.
- Knowledge of and the ability to carry out performance management procedures. This includes the ability to clearly set and communicate performance expectations and goals, monitor performance, conduct performance evaluations, provide ongoing performance feedback, create developmental plans, and correct performance problems.
- The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions.
- The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Knowledge of human resources (HR) industry terminology, technology, research, and practice. This includes knowledge of HR operating environments, issues, trends, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and any applicable software.
- The ability to appreciate the technical nature of the business, as well as how a particular function relates to that industry and the competition.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations protecting employees from discriminatory treatment, unfair labor practices, unsafe work conditions, etc. This includes the knowledge of applicable planning requirements.
- 9+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes OR 7+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes with Bachelor's degree
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- 5+ years of Employee Relations experience progressing in complexity
- 1+ years of people management experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- You help employees identify growth opportunities, develop skills and build development plans. You drive the execution of projects. You establish and communicate performance expectations, identify and address gaps and monitor performance to ensure plans are met.
- You direct the diagnostics and resolution of employee relations issues with increasing complexity, visibility and risk related to policy or culture, collaborating with managers, peers in Human Resources and Legal profession as appropriate.
- You provide expert consulting services to managers and employees on HR programs, processes, and initiatives. You also influence the future direction of HR work by synthesizing insights and contributing perspectives, expertise, and leadership.
- You build manager capability by conducting one-on-one consulting/coaching with business leaders. You identify and aggregate training needs within the business, region, or geography supported and develop plans to address the needs identified.
- You partner with Centers of Excellence on defining Human Resources programs and processes, you lead the design and implementation of local HR projects or programs.
- You lead data analysis and organizational health diagnostics and interpret trends in employee relations issues to design interventions.