Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.
Livingston , NJ 07039
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will support all facets of employment in the Corporate Human Resources Department; it will have a primary emphasis on recruiting talent, onboarding, company culture and policy updates and development. There may be additional responsibilities in immigration coordination, training and development and performance management, to include special projects. The Human Resources Generalist will serve as a back-up to the Senior Corporate Human Resources Generalist when needed.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Ensure talent is available and pipelines are full at all levels of the organization:
- Recruits exempt and non-exempt positions for Formosa, Inteplast and Nan Ya Plastics including preparing and posting job advertisements, reviewing resumes and screening applicants, arranging interviews, participating in interviews, maintaining applicant tracking documentation and set up of pre-employment screening. Monitors employee referral program. Ensures accurate documentation associated with AAP. Exercises judgment in selection of qualified candidates and presentation to hiring managers – provides HR guidance to hiring managers.
Build on existing culture that exemplifies Formosa’s values and drives our employer of choice status:
- Support employee relations efforts and drive high employee engagement. Maintain open communication by proactively communicating to all employees, spending significant time on with employees, following up in a timely manner, facilitating discussions, planning communications, can coordinating with leadership.
Policy and Compliance
- Working with the Senior Corporate HR Generalist and Director of Corporate Human Resources on the coordination or policies and procedures covering employment, total compensation management, performance management, immigration, employee relations and compliance.
- Work with HR team and document control on continuous process improvement; assisting with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
Training and Learning Management
Contribute to the human resource strategy designed to ensure the most effective use of people to accomplish the organization's mission.
- Assists with managing the day-to-day functions of LMS administration, which include data entry, custom page maintenance, curricula, course and session management, roster management, evaluation survey analysis and other functions as needed. Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses the company's training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING:
- College Graduate
- At least 4 years of Human Resources experience with Recruitment/Talent Acquisition, Policy Updates, Development and Administration, Job Description development, Immigration Coordination, Training and Development, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources Administration
- Strong proficiency with the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite; MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook, strong proficiency with MS Excel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with and stay current on federal, state and local laws
- Thorough knowledge of company policies and sop’s is also required.
- SHRM – CP/SCP or HRCI PHR/SPHR certification is a plus
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Physical requirements include duties common to a regular office environment.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.