MVG HR Solutions
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The objective of the HR Director is to lead efforts pertaining to culture transformation, safety & compliance at the state and federal level, support growth initiatives and overall HR strategic goals for all locations. The HR Director will work closely with the President, Regional Managers, Director of Operations, and all levels of management to ensure business goals and objectives are met. This position will drive the implementation and administration of a wide range of Human Resources programs for all 8-office locations (CA, TX, AZ, WA and FL) supporting over 350 employees for a Bio-med Technology client. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: labor relations, talent acquisition, performance management, state & federal compliance, training & development, implementation of strategic HR programs, benefits & leave administration, compensation & benchmarking management, safety & workers comp management, HRIS management, and onboarding/offboarding of all employees.
Employee Relations & General Administration
- Work closely with and provide guidance to management with regards to day-to-day employee relations resolution, and assist with the development of managements understanding of employment law.
- Maintain positive employee experience through on-going engagement with all employees including formal training of staff members and managers.
- Experience assessing employee relations issues and conducting thorough investigations when required.
- In partnership with the Leadership Team, lead the development, dissemination, interpretation and implementation of all policies for all locations as well as taking the lead on proposed initiatives.
- Lead HR communications and other people initiatives such as performance management, open enrollment, workers comp program and training programs.
- Coordinate & partner on all employee activities for all locations
- Ongoing auditing and upkeeping of Employee Handbook including the filing away of all acknowledgments pertaining to Company policies and procedures.
- In charge of all new hire onboarding and exit interviews.
- In charge of all HRIS information implementation, and termination of all accounts, vendors and HRIS.
- Lead the development of training procedures for all sites as well as establish and maintain training documentation and safety booklet for all employees.
- Work with management team to develop and deliver required training programs for new and existing employees, including new employee orientation.
- Lead all recruiting efforts and partner with HR admins & office specific administrative staff when needed and business leaders to fill open positions for each state site.
- Builds relationships across all departments and functions to understand business needs, share candidate and hiring manager experiences.
- Source candidates through various Internet and social media platforms, cold-calling, networking, employee referrals, internal movement and other creative sourcing venues.
- Recommends qualified candidates to hiring managers and is responsible for maintaining the appropriate staging levels for the site and ensuring a high touch candidate experience.
- Build talent pipeline and succession plans for exempt and non-exempt workforce.
- Oversee the administration of the new hire process.
- Oversee a team of 2 HR admins & 5 office staff members
- Understand the underlying issues related to common employee relations/employee performance issues and recommend, develop, and implement agency-wide HR initiatives.
- Implement workforce planning strategies.
- Lead the annual review process, which includes managing the merit and bonus cycle.
- Coach and mentor management on how to manage performance for each department/function.
- Manage the Compensation benchmarking process by partnering with Company Controller regarding budget and competitiveness of salaries in the market.
Benefits And Workers Comp
- Oversee the local administration of employee benefits including all leave administration and assists in problem resolution and answering and managing all inquiries.
- Manage workers compensation claims. Interact with insurance company, medical providers and attorneys as needed. Responsible for moving claims to a close, returning employees to work/light duty programs, monitoring reserve allocations, negotiating settlements, and/or going to trial.
Safety and Compliance
- Administer all Workplace Safety and Harassment Trainings for all employees and managers
- Maintain compliance with all bulletin boards and postings throughout all locations
- Manage up-keeping of Safety Booklet, Compliance updates, and Osha specific guidelines to ensure all employees are well informed and following Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the Safety Committee, meetings and all updates pertaining to the Committee.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics or similar field of study
- Must have 5-8 years of management experience within a HR functional area
- Must have 2-3 years experience leading workplace safety and compliance initiatives (Ex: OSHA, Forklift certification, Ergonomics Training, etc.)
- Preferred candidate will be bilingual Spanish/ English
- Preferred candidate will have PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or equivalent certification
- Preferred candidate will have experience with ADP TotalSource
- Preferred candidate will have experience working for a Biomedical Tech Company
Company 401k Match (up to 6%)
100% Paid Health Benefits for Employee
Gym reimbursement (Up to $100/month)
Educational Yearly Allowance
4 weeks of yearly vacation/ 10 days of sick time