HR Consultant With Law Degree
Irvine , CA 92618
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Emplicity is an outsourced Human Resources and Business Services provider that helps entrepreneurial organizations and fast-growth SMBs manage the delicate and sometimes daunting task of running a business and managing employees. From payroll services and employer insurances to benefits plans and employee relations, Emplicitys boutique style has been delighting clients for nearly two decades and has helped hundreds of high-growth California companies get off the ground with minimal pain in the sometimes sticky areas of Human Resources.
Our ideal HR Consultant for this position has a law degree preferably with a focus in Labor Law. From company audit/evaluation to policy and procedure development to on-site liaisons, our HR Consultants provide the level of service and accessibility a business would expect from their own in-house HR department.
Our clients are mostly located in San Francisco so we're seeking a consultant that lives in the East Bay, San Francisco or Peninsula.
With the possibility of working from home and local area telecommuting, this could be the perfect opportunity for the seasoned HR professional seeking more variety in their practice areas and or looking for a break from big company politics.
Duties: (including but not limited to)
- Super flexible HR Rock Star who will effectively partner with client business owners and executives as an extension of their employee management team.
- Consult effectively in all areas of generalist Human Resource issues.
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and continued enhancement of policies and procedures, handbooks, etc.
- Serve as our compliance and training expert.
- Assist with work site issues relating to hiring process, employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, terminations, compensation and succession planning.
- Effectively share information and serve as a conduit when necessary to our available services: payroll, benefits, workplace compliance, safety and risk management, employee harassment trainings, employee reviews and evaluations, etc.
- Advanced degree (Masters) or Certified Human Resources Professionals highly preferred; PHR or better.
- 5+ years experience in a high volume, corporate Human Resources or consulting environment
- Proven experience in dealing with high pressure situations and creative problem solving.
- Solid EE relations, investigations, and employer compliance advising.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience conducting employee/employer trainings, workshops, seminars and orientations
- Flexibility and Focus: multi-tasking a must, with ability to manage multiple clients and issues in a fast paced environment.
- Professional, upbeat attitude with ability to smile in the face of adversity and collaborate with teams.
- Must demonstrate an incredible sense of integrity, a passion for HR and support our mission to provide the best service possible to our client-partners.
- A great deal of freedom and a break from big company politics.
- Trusting and supportive team members who support you in your success.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits plan and 401K with company matching.
- Ability to run your schedule, develop your own schedule and create a career you enjoy.
Emplicity may not be one the biggest PEOs, but were definitely one of the best. To find out why and learn more about some of the things that make us special, please visit us at www.emplicity.com.