and performance management, and ERP/HRPR process management.
6.Ensures area compliance with all Federal and State labor laws/regulations and institutional HR policies, guidelines, processes, and system protocols.
7.Facilitates the implementation and communication of institutional HR goals, objectives, policies, and processes, in accordance with the overall mission, goals, and operational requirements of
area component organizations.
8.Provides consultation and professional support to senior leadership in the execution of organizational planning and development studies; performs activities such as strategic personnel planning, process consultation, and management skills coaching.
9.Oversees, coordinates, and quality controls all recruitment and employment processes for the enterprise, to include applicant screening, referrals to hiring officers, and all aspects of the interview and selection process, ensuring compliance with all Federal and State statutes and University employment policies and procedures.
10. Plans and facilitates recruitment and outreach activities as appropriate to attract quality candidates for faculty and/or staff positions for the enterprise. Researches and analyzes recruitment and retention
issues as appropriate; develops reports and strategic recommendations.
11. Facilitates investigations pertaining to issues of misconduct and policy infractions; coordinates performance management, grievance, and related documentation, in conjunction with Main Campus HR Consultants. Serves as the unit liaison to the University HR division on employee relations issues.
12. Participates in the development, coordination, and implementation of changes and/or improvements in fiscal, human resources, shared governance, strategic planning and/or other management systems and
procedures for the enterprise.
13. Provides consultation to component leadership in the execution of organizational analyses. Facilitates organizational development activities such as strategic planning, process consultation, and management coaching.
14. Performs training needs analyses, as appropriate, and initiates, develops, and/or coordinates the implementation of specific training and development programs for new and existing faculty and/or
15. Provides input into the development of operating goals and objectives for the enterprise; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate.
16. Manages and coordinates the work of technical and/or administrative HR support staff as appropriate.
17. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
18. Provide administrative function for TimeClock Plus which includes: maintain application configuration as needed due to labor law changes and branch campus needs; perform application payroll functions; maintain active employees as needed due to staff changes; create and maintain
application training documents; and train all new staff.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of EmploymentMinimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree; at least 4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
SHRM-CP or SHRM-PHR
Familiarity with the following UNM Business Systems:
Additional RequirementsOfficial transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.CampusLos AlamosDepartmentLos Alamos BranchEmployment TypeStaffStaff TypeRegular - Full-TimeTerm End DateStatusExemptPay$3,434.31 - $5,151.47 (monthly)Benefits EligibleThis is a benefits eligible position.
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.ERB StatementTemporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.Background Check RequiredNoFor Best Consideration Date3/15/2019Application InstructionsApplicant should submit resume/CV and cover letter for consideration
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
University Of New Mexico