Providence Health And Services
Medford , OR 97501
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Providence is looking a Housekeeping Attendant (Janitor) to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. This is a per diem/on-call position. We are seeking applicants who can work any day of the week with shift hours from 7am-3:30pm or 3pm-10:30pm. You will have visibility to available shifts at least 1 month in advance.
You will perform environmental services tasks in assigned areas of the Medical Center to provide a sanitary, orderly and attractive environment. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients, families, staff and physicians.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces daily to prevent spread of infection.
- Clean floors by shampooing, vacuuming carpets and mopping tile and vinyl surfaces.
- Shampoo furniture.
- Dispose of all waste in accordance with department, hospital, industry and regulatory standards.
- Perform cleaning functions and follow established procedure to meet Infection Prevention, Quality Control and Safety standards.
- Collect soiled linen and remove to designated location.
- Replenish hand hygiene products, paper products, sharps and pharmaceutical waste containers and other dispensable items as needed.
- Move furniture and equipment as needed for cleaning or site relocation.
- Clean patient rooms in accordance with dept. and regulatory standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of department equipment and reported needed repairs to EVS Supervisor.
- Ensure patient identifiers remain out of the regular waste stream.
- Meet bed turn around standards to assist with patient placement and throughput.