Housekeeper - Part Time (20 Hours/Week) - Dorchester, MA
Senior Living Residences
Dorchester , MA 02121
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Standish Village is seeking a part-time housekeeping associate to join our team.
At our community, priority number one is the enhancement of each residents Quality of Life. We focus on the whole person, not just the treatment of their most basic physical or cognitive needs. Our method is to individualize a plan of care for each resident, providing just the right combination of services to optimize their overall well-being, independence, personal dignity and enrichment.
SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- Assist the Director of Building & Grounds with apartment turnovers.
- Handle service/maintenance calls from residents.
- Assist with general daily housekeeping.
- Perform ongoing and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Keep exterior grounds clean and free of debris, and perform light grounds care.
- Handle snow removal and salts and/or sands on walkways, sidewalks and entryways, as assigned.
- Assist with moving furniture and trash removal, as assigned.
- Assist with Model Apartment set-up for touring.
- Provide support to various department directors on community special events, holidays and marketing functions.
- One or more years related experience in a similar work environment preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and oral, with residents and staff
- Must be able to relate well with seniors, demonstrating a pleasant, tactful, compassionate, manner. Must have a desire to work with individuals with Alzheimers disease or other related dementias
- Must be dependable and reliable, maintaining a positive and professional attitude and a calm demeanor; able to follow directions
- Must be a flexible team player with the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment actively promoting a culture of teamwork across departments, cooperation, enthusiasm, customer service, and an atmosphere conducive to growth
- Heavy lifting and moving, requires physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds or more on a regular basis as required
Background checks will be completed prior to employment.
Walk-in applicants welcome.