Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Desoto , TX 75115
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for hospital housekeepers to routinely clean patient rooms, nursing units, administrative offices, waiting areas and public restrooms, as well as launder all hospital linen.
Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Using various cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, housekeepers wipe equipment, clean furniture, polish floors and vacuum carpets. Mix appropriate quantities of cleaning liquids and chemicals in accordance with state safety regulations
- Attend in-service training to stay abreast of company policies, new equipment demonstrations and discussion of complaints made by patients or hospital staff in regards to housekeeping.
- Clean hospital floors and surfaces using predefined cleaning methods and procedures
- Dust, mop and sweep patients room, hospital facility and administrative offices
- Make beds using clean and disinfected linen and replenish supplies such as towels, blankets, soaps and shampoos
- Clean and disinfect patients bathroom and public restrooms
- Clean mirrors and windows along with polishing fittings and fixtures
- Distribute clean linen to appropriate floors
- Take and address patients complaints regarding housekeeping services
- Empty trash receptacles and ensure proper compaction of surgical waste according to hospital policies
- Create and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Inform housekeeping supervisor of any cleaning equipment that may need repair or replacement
- Inform housekeeping supervisor about any building hazard and assist in addressing it
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area for cleaning equipment and supplies
- Maintain adequate stock of cleaning supplies
- Ensure that proper infection-control policies are being followed.
- Maintain patient safety and security,
- Performs related duties, as requested.
- Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards.
- Education: High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Required Licenses: None
- Experience: Entry level
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to concentrate on work amidst distractions such as noise, conversations and foot traffic; must be able to consistently meet deadlines; and finish all food preparation at specified serving time; must be flexible in work hours in order to meet patient and organization operating needs.
- Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile customer services interactions.
- Must be able to work independently, in a result restricted physical environment for extended periods of time.
- Must have ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
- Must have skills in maintaining information as highly confidential.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers. Light work most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and occasionally medium work, that is exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.