Host - Holland
New Holland Brewing Co.
Holland , MI 49423
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Immediately welcome & warmly greet guests upon arrival and departure, manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests, answer and transfer telephone calls, take to-go orders, work with a cash drawer and work with retail merchandise.
- Greet all guests upon their arrival and departure.
- Seat guests based on their location preference and accommodation needs while balancing customer flow in service sections.
- When immediate seating is limited, provide guests with an estimated waiting time and provide them with a pager.
- Inspect tables for proper presentation and completeness.
- Provide information to servers and bussers as needed.
- Notify kitchen of groups over eight (8) people.
- Bus and sanitize tables as guests depart.
- Take bus tubs to kitchen and unload them, as necessary.
- Knowledge of our beer, wine and spirits.
- Knowledge of all menu items.
- Organize and maintain all retail merchandise.
- Assist customers with retail merchandise.
- Knowledge of retail merchandise back stock and how to access it.
- Receive and place to-go orders.
- Assist with any cleaning/organizing projects as directed by Pub Managers.
- Assist with any other duties as necessary, including (but not limited to) rolling silverware, changing menu inserts, stocking beer cooler, stamping merchandise bags, etc
- Be comfortable speaking with guests during slow times or when a customer is browsing the retail area.
- Utilize our telephone system, including answering and transferring calls.
- Know all of the companys upcoming events and promotions.
- Check customer identification for age verification in accordance with legal standards.
What you will bring:
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to six (6) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 30 pounds.
- Be comfortable engaging guests in general conversation.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Possess excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
New Holland Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Our Mission: At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of peoples lives.
Our Vision: New Holland Brewing Companys vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Our Values: Believe Engage Own Lead Act with Integrity - Care