Host / Cashier
Boulder , CO 80301
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Takes orders and receives payment from guests in exchange for food and beverage by performing the following duties. Lark values first and foremost a genuine and friendly attitude and a true desire to serve others. With the right attitude and a work ethic and ability to learn new skills, we welcome candidates from both inside and outside of the restaurant industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Welcomes guest upon arrival, takes order, and answers any questions.
Makes change, processes credit cards, and issues receipts to customers.
Describes menu items for which money is received.
Runs food to the dining room when necessary, as well as, checks in with existing guests.
Maintains dining room cleanliness before, during and after service.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
Hospitality Attitude and Aptitude
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a genuine desire to take care of our guests to ensure a high-quality experience; Consistently exhibit hospitality and friendliness in your daily interactions with both guests and crew; Demonstrate a capacity to learn and acquire new skills, whether you have previous restaurant experience or not.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Is consistently at work and on time.
- Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Follows company policies and procedures for accuracy.
Should have strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to work numerous hours on feet. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.