Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Midwest Hose & Specialty, Inc.
Kilgore , TX 75661
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Summary of Position:
Perform complete hose assembly process, provide inventory control, ensure sales goals are met.
Our Hose Technician performs the complete hose assembly process at our state of the art facility in Kilgore, TX. The Tech will at times work with customers and clients needing fast turn around. This position is equipped with the latest tools and technology to make hose building efficient and professional. Ideal applicants would have prior warehouse experience, and have had experience working in a customer service role.
- Hose assembly process
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, and parts lists; gather parts, sub-assemblies, and materials
- Select and use proper tools and equipment for each task such as saws, crimpers, tape measures and calipers
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies
- Identify and select proper parts to assemble a wide variety of hoses
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Coil hose as required to prepare for delivery to customer
- Provide inventory control on proprietary products and components; keep track of inventory via ERP system
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Maintain professionalism in the work place
- Perform any other assigned proprietary duties
- Good reading and writing skills
- Solid computer skills such as typing and navigation through various computer programs including MS Outlook, Excel, and Windows
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and patient customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Commitment to work additional hours as needed to complete orders received daily
- Energetic, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Good organization skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting 100% daily (subject to change daily)
- Assist in lifting, pushing, and/or pulling up to 70 lbs.; receiving unloads up to 100%; order pulling up to 100%
- Must be able to meet the physical demands typical in a warehouse environment including but not limited to grasping and fine manipulations with hands, reaching, squatting, climbing, activities working around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to light dust and fumes
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Prior warehouse experience (required)
- Prior hose assembly experience (required)
- Forklift experience (preferred but not required)
- Additional power equipment experience (preferred but not required)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-5:00 pm; one Saturday per month, 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, weve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!