Hope House Primary Counselor
Hope House, Inc.
Albany , NY 12206
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hope House, Inc. a substance abuse treatment provider with locations in Albany and Troy, New York. We are currently seeking Primary Counselors at various locations.
Shift: This is a Full-Time position
Position Reports to: Program Manager
Job Status: Non-Exempt / SalaryJob Duties Include:
- Managing a caseload of clients
- Providing individual and group counseling services
- Documenting recovery plans
- Providing case management services to support clients linkages to the community, and
- Providing therapeutic crisis intervention services when needed.
- Maintaining documentation in accordance with OASAS standards,
- Maintaining client confidentiality, as well as strong staff/client boundaries, and high ethical standards.
This job describes the essential and general responsibilities of this position. It is not a listing of non essential requirements and duties, which may be inherent to the job
- One of the following is required:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Human Services (Provisional Qualified Health Professional (QHP))
- CASAC certification
- A Qualified Health Professional (QHP) with other than a CASAC certification
* Will consider a CASAC-T with ability to obtain a full CASAC within a 6 month period.
- Must have prior experience working with clients in a residential facility.
- Selected candidates must be willing to have a background check submitted through the Justice Center. This includes: a check of the Staff Exclusion list, a check of the OFCS Statewide register, a fingerprinting appointment, as well as drug screening.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. It is the policy of Hope House to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status
- 11 paid holidays per calendar year
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- A generous employee contribution towards your benefits
- Benefit Buyout option if coverage is waived
- Company funded Retirement Plan
- 401k option to further save for retirement
- Flexible Savings Account offering pretax savings advantage for your uncovered medical and child care expense
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
- Company funded life and short-term disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program