Homeschool Teacher (Pre-K/Kindergarten)
Silver Spring , MD 20901
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Tutorese, we speak the language of learning. We believe that ongoing learning is vitally important to the well-being of students, families, and communities. We are deeply committed to elevating success in education for all of our student learners regardless of their age or stage of development. We bridge gaps connecting student-learners with positive, affirming adult-educators that inspire achievement. If you're likeus, and agree that a learning mind with diligent habits results in a student ready and equipped to do good works, then we want to hear from you! This position is ideal for those impacted by COVID-19 furloughs and/or seeking contract work.
With the many challenges that have arisen as a result of the recent pandemic, we are seeking Homeschool Teachers to instruct Pre-K and Kindergarten 4-6 year old students in their home. You will be responsible for assisting in the development and growth of young students with the aim of promoting physical, social, and intellectual growth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach young children basic education as well as helping to develop their social skills
- Create lesson plans that align with established national or state curriculum models
- Plan and develop activities that promote physical, social and intellectual growth
- Involve child(ren) in different learning activities such as storytelling, role plays, number and letter recognition, etc.
- Reinforce the importance of cleanliness and good manners.
- Observe the ability level of students and coordinate with parents to discuss students progress
- Return environment to the manner in which you received it
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Education or Early Childhood Development
- 1+ years of experience as a teacher in any educational institution or a similar role
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to use technology and digital online platforms
- Ability to use audio and visual techniques to facilitate learning
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment
- Have a loving attitude towards small children able to exercise and demonstrate a patient demeanor
- Must reside in the US and have a SSN (NO Foreign Entities)
WHY JOIN TUTORESE
- We are independently owned and operated. We are not an impersonal franchise.
- We take exceptional care of our contract instructors, tutors, mentors, and counselors
- We offer highly competitive rates with weekly payouts and bonuses
- We handle all of the back-office details, such as billing, marketing, and acquisition of new customers
- Able to work days and hours that are most convenient for you
- Teach subject areas that are within your level of expertise
- Virtually meet students and parents prior to engagement
- Receive access to Tutorese online portal with collaborative space for conducting sessions online with a whiteboard, video grabbing, screen sharing, and document importing
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: COVID-19 CDC Guidelines will be followed
Willing to Travel to Locations in and around Montgomery County.RATE: $21-26/hour