St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees.
The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
This position works as a paraprofessional employee who provides comprehensive personal care
and assists with other health care needs for the patient under a written Plan of Care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Gives or assists with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair treatments, nails and skin care.
2.Assists with elimination, utilizing a bedpan or urinal, commode or bathroom.
3.Feeds or assist patient with eating and prepares meals including special diets prescribed for the patient.
4.Assists with positioning, transfers and ambulation, with or without assistive devices.
5.Assists patient with prescribed range of motion and prescribed exercise which patient and aide have been taught by designated professional personnel.
6.Remind/assist patient with oral medications that can be self-administered.
7.Assists with application of non-prescription topical ointments.
8.Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
9.Performs routine catheter care, including catheter irrigation by gravity and removal of catheter if instructed to do so by professional staff.
10. Performs clean simple dressing change and decubitus care.
11. Assists patient with long standing ostomy (where function is normal and care is routine). Includes emptying pouch, changing appliance and assisting with preparation of irrigation procedure.
12. Documents tasks performed by telephony/or designated record daily.
13. Applies ace bandage and elastic stockings.
14. Communicates with patient's families and related persons and agency staff to achieve an effective exchange of verbal/nonverbal and written information.
15. Observe and report deviations from the usual physical and mental status of the patient and any unusual occurrence(s) to Supervisor/Case Manager in a timely manner.
16. Provides holistic care to hospice patients.
17. Performs light household homemaking chores in the patient's immediate environment essential for the safety and comfort of the patient and maintenance of a functional, healthful, and clean environment.
High school diploma or GED. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Has successfully completed a training and competency evaluation program that meets the standards established by the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as agency performance standards. Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) /Personal Care Aide (PCA) /Home Health Aide (HHA) experience preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St Luke's University Health Network